Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in case u didnt know over the last week i nearly broke my ankle when thrown off my bike, and then two days ago had a tooth pulled after INTENSE pain (abcess on all 3 roots, mouth swollen to the poinbt that i couldnt smell through nostrils)

hahahha, so yeah, popped a couple percs, stumbled out to garage, got a chair, and got some woirk done...

FUCKING SHIT HELL DAMNIT throttle cable doesnt fit (2nd one ive had already), and i cant figure out clutch cable and sprocket coever with spring and all (couldnt bend down well enough to get a good look)..

seat needs to get broken in so it sits right instead of puffing up (seat is a beat cad creation, looks NICE!!)...

also need to figure out paint (although i was thinkin of leaving tank bare and stripping paint off fender and just running that bare metal too, what do you guys think?)

still got a few more lil suprises.... lil shit to put on to make me happy that you might not evben notice, LOL.. this is my first bike build EVER, and i have about 9 hours total into it (was riding it as a stock bike raked with 8 over girder til a week or so ago)... should have her done in about 2 more hours work once i get the right parts

got more work to do, still needs wiring, chain put on, and exhaust ACTUALLY mounted (are the mounting brackets REALLY necessary? doesnt seem like it could fall off, holdin on REAL hard with just the clamps on the heads)... i could only get a couple hours in before it hurt real bad, so came up to watch worlds fastest indian (been playin on repeat for like 3 days, LOL)...

COMMENTS?? JOKES>??? ASSHOLE REMARKS>??> lookin for anything feedback wise, LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Looking Good so far.. The spring on the clutch cover is a return spring. With the cover bolted on, turn the adjuster in untill it bottoms out and back it out just slightly and lock it down. Make extra sure the cable end is held very secure by the adjuster or it will pop out. By all means add a pipe to frame clamp for each pipe. They Will fall of otherwise. Good Luck and Keep the Faith.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
hey man that scoot is lookin jam dam up ..

I'm sure happy to see that frame's gonna finally be back in the wind again ..

kool tank too ..

and yes you most definitely need to mount them pipes, they'll clamp tight on the spigots at first .. but look at how long they are - they'll end up bouncing like a tuning fork just from small road bumps & vibes ..

even a basic p-clamp midways on each pipe & a smaller p-clamp around the frame. till you can weld 2 little tabs, will make a huge difference ..

good work, hope ya get feelin better soon ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
yeah, man. that's lookin' good.
take care of yourself and heal up so ya can finish it up.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the compliments boys.... i was pretty picky with what i used, so its nice to see the parts come together ok... might switch risers out to some 4" dogbones i just got, gotta see how they look first...

thing thats KILLIN me is the cables, shit just isnt matchin up right... one side will be ok but other isnt... that and i need a DAMN vice to do chain and exhaust shit... aRGH

·
Registered
625 Posts
i can give you an... opinion...
it's still worthless though..

dont paint any thing.. let it go.scratches rule...
it's my new theory... im tired of the black and then the bare...
let it rust with some of the ol paint there....it doesnt have to match to look great... it just has to... look... right and riddin... correct?
i love your lines and impressed with your first shot at a bike... its better than i did my 1st time and knowin your a car guy its tons better than i could have done on my buick.

ride it.. leave it... love it.. if they dont like it or talk about scratches they are too close and tell'em to go to hell

remember.. its YOUR bike...

butche

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
frame is older hardtail, done a while back... about a 2.5" stretch... front end is a 74??? i think sporty front end, and i intend to ditch it for a springer in time.,..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts