Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, this is why I ALWAYS go to vintage car swaps whenever I can, you never know what you'll find! Scored a Crazy Franks fender, and brought it home, set it on my '59 Ironhead, and it seems to fit. It measures about 7 1/4 on the outside of the mounting tabs, and looks like it has marks from a sporty casting in the paint (looks different from a big twin casting). I don't have a big twin, but I brought it over to my friends to set it on his BT, and it seems like it's actually a bit too wide to fit between the BT shock mount castings. Is it possible it was made for a Sportster? I've only seen them for a BT. Can someone measure theirs on the outside of the mounting tabs?

·
Registered
947 Posts
awesome score! the twisted sissy is a nice touch, haven't seen that before...
Yes, they made em for sportsters too and there was a pic of a girl riding one not too long ago, Danny probably knows which pic and where etc ;-)

judging by this pic, the fender you got seems less high then for a big twin...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! Ragbak, and Danny, I figured you would know what's up. Can anyone measure theirs for me? And I hadn't seen another twisted one either! I forgot to ask if the guy had the seat for it, and went back the next day but he was gone :(

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Probably should redrill the fender side mounting holes, so the fender/sissy bar is tilted slightly more up/forward.. just my 0.2 cents of course..

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Chris, not sure it's stayin though. I think it's to much of a mix of time periods. I'm going for early 60's mild stocker I think. Oh yeah, and I held it up to the stock sporty fender with the struts bolted on, and it's just about the same width, so it must be for a sporty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.