Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
I know someone who got a whole driveline - 80" evo, tranny, primary - for under $5k...from some HD dealership in Main, I think.

·
Registered
70 Posts
DonO said:
Anyone know what they cost?
Most H-D dealers pay $2250 plus shipping for crate evos from the factory. CA dealers pay $90 for shipping.

What they mark it up from there is up to them, though the suggusted retail is $2995.95.

There are a few dealerships that seem to be buying them at a better price from the factory. I think it was West Virginia H-D and another one in N.H that sells them for cheaper than most.

I had one shipped to my door for $2550 when I lived in Hawaii, ordered it from a dealer in N.H. This was about 8 years ago, cost may have been lower then.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The bike I am building right now has an entire drive line from Harley. My friend picked it up through West Virginia Harley for $6200 shipped:
Evo
5spd
regulator
starter
Dyna Ignition
3"BDL belt drive kit
S&S E carb

Not a bad price for everything.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
check out
http://dumbassbiker.com/

He donated a tranny and headlight to last years class build. He lives pretty close to me, I went there checked out his place. He is legit and buys everything in largs quantity so he is able to sell them cheaper than most anywhere else.

·
Registered
128 Posts
TEACH said:
check out
http://dumbassbiker.com/

He donated a tranny and headlight to last years class build. He lives pretty close to me, I went there checked out his place. He is legit and buys everything in largs quantity so he is able to sell them cheaper than most anywhere else.
I wanna say my buddy got his from dumbass biker /ebay delivered for 2600.00,no problems and the shipping was fast.His ebay site is pretty funny too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called aroud to the stealerships in K.C. today. They were all at $2995 (Worth, Central, Gails). St. Joe was $2700, and Topeka was $2495. Pretty big spread. Looks like I might go witih Topeka if what I'm thinking about goes down. They're only like an hour away so no shipping. Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
crate evo motors GREAT DEAL!

someone sent this string to me cuz i am looking for a crate evo. well, this string saved me a bundle. I called the topeka harley shop and indeed they do have great deals on EVOs and trannys. $2449 for an 80" in the box with MSO. im in dallas and shipping was $15. thats a great deal. no taxes. ask for david chall. nice guy. great help. apparently he overstocked.

thanks again to jockeyjournal.com and its users.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just to further what teach said, I bought a crate evo from dumbassbiker off of ebay for $2300 and could not be happier, quick ship and easy transaction.

Best of Luck!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thats a smoking deal!!!
Do you end up with a SPCN title (california) if you do a motor swap shovel to evo?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Neo Dutch said:
I was quoted $13 900 AU from a Harley dealership in western Sydney
That's about a AU$10,000 profit, not including shipping? Bastards. You'd be better off flying to the States and bringing the dismantled motor back in your suitcase ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ea$y said:
Thats a smoking deal!!!
Do you end up with a SPCN title (california) if you do a motor swap shovel to evo?
that dumbassbiker site makes me dizzy.. partially cuz i am a dumbass biker.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Overhere, wich is Belgium/Holland/France/Germany they now are around $ 5,000 to $ 5,500 (also depends if they overstocked or not..) They used to be much much higher, before the Twin Cam of course..

·
Registered
13 Posts
i also ordered a tranny from topeka for $999. most dealers = $1200.

good deal.

scott

·
Registered
302 Posts
The great Aussie way, lets send more dollars offshore. I do, I get lots from OS - I just got my how to run my lathe book auction ended fri before xmas, got her on tuesday, sweet.
Stuff I get from Tas motosports, here same week ordered...cant get it across sydney in that sought of time- or with the quality of service. Havent bought an engine from the states, but want to once i get rid of a few projects...anybody done it to Aus...Any probs?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts