Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
That is one hell of a gangbang. But a fine culmination of work indeed. And I'm not usually crazy about peanut style tanks.

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hogtownhd said:
Very nice. What did it start out as, a two piece or a one piece?
Just a plain high tunnel peanut. Harpoon gave it to me, I cut, fit, relocated the cap, and tacked everything, a friend who's a metal guy built the fill piece and tunnel and gas welded and planished it, and my friend Josh and his girlfriend May-Lin, G-funk and I leaded and shaped the rib.

What a clusterfuck for one gas tank.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Tony Bones said:
Just a plain high tunnel peanut. Harpoon gave it to me, I cut, fit, relocated the cap, and tacked everything, a friend who's a metal guy built the fill piece and tunnel and gas welded and planished it, and my friend Josh and his girlfriend May-Lin, G-funk and I leaded and shaped the rib.

Well at least you did it your self(selves) It turned out really cool .Nice job. Gregg

·
Registered
801 Posts
Tony Bones said:

wow...lots of work...but looks to have been worth it. i'm doing something similar with an old sporty tank. I also like the look of taking the two-piece tanks and sticking the halves together to make one.

·
Registered
591 Posts
NOW the tanks got soul, don't forget the hundred or so people who dug up the ore, transported it, smelted it, made the steel, shipped it, stamped it, welded it, shipped it, stocked it, sold it, bought it, painted it, ran it, took it off, traded it, stripped it, re-painted it, ran it again, took it off, sold it at a swap meet, stripped it, painted it, ran it, took it off, let it lay around for a decade, traded it for a leather vest to a guy who was gonna build a chopper someday but likes his road king so he gave it to some kid down the street who traded it to Harpoon for some moldy old Penthouses.

Nice work too.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Conder said:
NOW the tanks got soul, don't forget the hundred or so people who dug up the ore, transported it, smelted it, made the steel, shipped it, stamped it, welded it, shipped it, stocked it, sold it, bought it, painted it, ran it, took it off, traded it, stripped it, re-painted it, ran it again, took it off, sold it at a swap meet, stripped it, painted it, ran it, took it off, let it lay around for a decade, traded it for a leather vest to a guy who was gonna build a chopper someday but likes his road king so he gave it to some kid down the street who traded it to Harpoon for some moldy old Penthouses.

Nice work too.
:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts