Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 82' Cowpie tranny and I am trying to set up an open belt / York diaphram clutch set up.

my question is, is the drive (for better words) shaft on the cow pie have a larger diameter than all the other shovel era transmissions?

I am trying to get the clutch basket and hub assembly on the trans and it seems that the shaft is way to big. it is tapered and has a key way. is there something I am doing wrong?

·
Banned
2,013 Posts
guess I need to bust out the impact and just shove that bad boy on there!
Ah yes, a true recipe for disaster. Before you destroy your stuff. Make sure it is all meant to be together. Impacts are perfect tools for the proving of Murphy's law!
Robbie

·
Registered
993 Posts
you have to double check the key ,if it rides up ...but the whole hub 'feels' right it can give a deceptive final measurement when doing the spring measure. even tho its bang on ,...that key throws alignment out.

I pulled my bike from a HD dealer 17 years ago ...woulda thought them "mechanics" would know this stuff . Never seen the inside of a dealer ship since, never will.
Torque ing the nut is the way to go = LEFT thread**

BUST out the impact = those words dont look good together

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.