Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! i'm looking for some jockey shift ideas on rotary top 4 speeds-i saw fab kevins set up and it is probably what i'll use but i figured i'd see what others are using-thanks for your time!!!!!!! later-cheif

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
caffeine said:
others are using cheap imitation oversears repoduction crap whos ideas were stolen from Kevin. :D

or, they are just mounting right on the rotary which is a bad idear.
thanks man thats kinda what i figured kevins stuff is top notch=cheif

·
Registered
338 Posts
Please elaborate on why it is a bad idear to mount directly to the rotary. What have you seen happen? Thanks.

caffeine said:
others are using cheap imitation oversears repoduction crap whos ideas were stolen from Kevin. :D

or, they are just mounting right on the rotary which is a bad idear.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I always wondered why Fabkev made his shifters like he does, and i'm sure it wasn't just to make things complicated.
davelamboriginals said:
Hey guys! i'm looking for some jockey shift ideas on rotary top 4 speeds-i saw fab kevins set up and it is probably what i'll use but i figured i'd see what others are using-thanks for your time!!!!!!! later-cheif

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, here goes.

The shifter I make pivots off of a shoulder bolt, which bears the weight of the shifter. There are actually 2 reasons that make this better than just attaching to the shift shaft on the trans.

For one, the shift shaft wasn't meant to handle a weight load, and they are a weak link on the trans even with a normal shift linkage. Second is ghost shifting, due to the weight and leverage of the shift arm. Ghost shifting is the trans jumping into another gear caused from bumps in the road, or sudden acceleration/stopping, etc.

If the shift lever is attached directly to the shift shaft, and it is small and light enough, it will hold up for a while. I just can't sell something like that, knowing it would eventually fail.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Gottcha, Thanks.
Fab Kevin said:
Well, here goes.

The shifter I make pivots off of a shoulder bolt, which bears the weight of the shifter. There are actually 2 reasons that make this better than just attaching to the shift shaft on the trans.

For one, the shift shaft wasn't meant to handle a weight load, and they are a weak link on the trans even with a normal shift linkage. Second is ghost shifting, due to the weight and leverage of the shift arm. Ghost shifting is the trans jumping into another gear caused from bumps in the road, or sudden acceleration/stopping, etc.

If the shift lever is attached directly to the shift shaft, and it is small and light enough, it will hold up for a while. I just can't sell something like that, knowing it would eventually fail.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Fab Kevin said:
Well, here goes.

and remember, its a "motorcycle not a rocket ship" :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fab Kevin said:
Well, here goes.

THANKS KEVIN, I WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SOON FOR THE SHIFTER AND EXTENDED CLUTCH RELEASE ARM-CAN THE SHIFTER BE MADE OF ROUND ROD? THANKS=CHEIF @ DLO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts