Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I got the bike running last week, sorta. When I put the choke on and fire it up, it will run at a normal idle for about 5 seconds, and then the RPMS go sky high and I have to shut er down. Any thoughts? I have not torn the carbs apart yet, but will be soon.

Second, I lowered the front forks 2 inches. Anyone know how much fork oil I need? I have a printout called the "minton mods", which describes easy modifications for the forks to improve damping/rebound, etc, and he recommends "with the forks fully compressed, fill the tube with 10w until it is six inches from the top of the fork tube". will this still apply since I have lowered the forks, or is there another way to do this?

I have some new pics, but cant find the cord for the camera. She's lookin sweet and I cant wait for spring. Oh yeah, I had my first official "riding my XS" dream...It kicked ass! Until I got rearended by a guy on a scooter....Not sure where that came from but I kicked his ass for wrecking my bike. Dreams are cool.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Grease Monkey said:
First, I got the bike running last week, sorta. When I put the choke on and fire it up, it will run at a normal idle for about 5 seconds, and then the RPMS go sky high and I have to shut er down. Any thoughts? I have not torn the carbs apart yet, but will be soon.

Second, I lowered the front forks 2 inches. Anyone know how much fork oil I need? I have a printout called the "minton mods", which describes easy modifications for the forks to improve damping/rebound, etc, and he recommends "with the forks fully compressed, fill the tube with 10w until it is six inches from the top of the fork tube". will this still apply since I have lowered the forks, or is there another way to do this?

I have some new pics, but cant find the cord for the camera. She's lookin sweet and I cant wait for spring. Oh yeah, I had my first official "riding my XS" dream...It kicked ass! Until I got rearended by a guy on a scooter....Not sure where that came from but I kicked his ass for wrecking my bike. Dreams are cool.
check your intake seals

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Will do...Also, its back firing like a motherfucker...my right ear is still ringing from last night...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts