Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to run copper lines on my shovelhead, what size ID and OD tubing works best. thank you very much love you all

reverend krapp

·
Registered
427 Posts
just make sure you run a short piece of rubber hose to the oil tank fittings then to your hard lines if not you will find yourself on the side of the road oneday with either cracked lines or the fittings cracked right out of the oil tank...3/8 OD hard lines...I personally run SS that way I know I will never be on the side of the road with a failure...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
You need to use soft copper lines and put alot of bends in them so there's some give to them. Take a look at how all the old bikes back in the 20's and 30's were plumbed. Hard copper lines will crack over time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
el krapp said:
im going to run copper lines on my shovelhead, what size ID and OD tubing works best. thank you very much love you all

reverend krapp
3/8 id oil lines on the shovel regardless of what material is used.
I did use soft copper and definitely isolate with a short length of rubber hose. I think it looks really kickass to let it turn dark but you can polish the lines and clear to retain the new finish.Those lines can be a tight fit so any where they might rub you also might want to use a rubber sleeve.But no smaller than 3/8 id.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
im looking at running copper lines - anyone know what issue of the horse this was in and ill get myself hold of a back issue - unless someone is bored and wants to scan the article and mail it me :)

caffeine said:
why? dont jump on the me too wagon...think about it again...

and if your going to do them, get irish rich's article from the horse, its great. do it right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts