Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to scootermcrad (Hey Scooter!) I finally got signed up. I've got a '73 T140V, and just recently aquired a new black Bonnie. It's aleady at the dealership getting a bug worked out, but hey, what else is new! Hope you guys can help Scooter with his preunit. I'ts totally bad ass! We were at a rockabilly show a couple of months ago, and 'ol Scooter walks away with every motorcycle trophy there. He's a proud pappa, so I felt the need to let everyone know! Ha Ha! Got ya! Anyway, I'm fighting with my '73 now over oil pressure. I installed a new pump, but I also have an aftermarket oil filter/cooler assembly on her. After she warms up, the oil light starts to flicker at idle. Also, the oil level in the primary is increasing. The clutch keeps getting soaked. I ran a wire through those three little leveler holes, but they didn't seemed clogged. Not sure if both problems are related, but this weekend I'm going back to the original oil mesh filter and see if the problem ceases. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Cool! You did do an intro! Fucking about time!!!!!!!!

Yeah, okay. I've got some serious transmission issues and it's getting ripped apart very soon... but for christ sake, someone please help him with this stupid little oil pressure thing he has going on. I know someone here has to have a T140 motor or knows about them. Speak up!

Welcom aboard Chris!
raygunriot said:
Thanks to scootermcrad (Hey Scooter!) I finally got signed up. I've got a '73 T140V, and just recently aquired a new black Bonnie. It's aleady at the dealership getting a bug worked out, but hey, what else is new! Hope you guys can help Scooter with his preunit. I'ts totally bad ass! We were at a rockabilly show a couple of months ago, and 'ol Scooter walks away with every motorcycle trophy there. He's a proud pappa, so I felt the need to let everyone know! Ha Ha! Got ya! Anyway, I'm fighting with my '73 now over oil pressure. I installed a new pump, but I also have an aftermarket oil filter/cooler assembly on her. After she warms up, the oil light starts to flicker at idle. Also, the oil level in the primary is increasing. The clutch keeps getting soaked. I ran a wire through those three little leveler holes, but they didn't seemed clogged. Not sure if both problems are related, but this weekend I'm going back to the original oil mesh filter and see if the problem ceases. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the kit that bolts directly to the bottom of the frame, replacing the stock assembly. It has a spin-off filter. I'm sure it does takes more pressure to pull oil through a paper element than the original mesh screen. This weekend I will put it back to original and see what happens.
McQueen said:
Welcome!

Coincidentally, I've got a '79 T140D and a new Bonnie, too.

Hmmm...not sure about the oil pressure issue. Is your aftermarket oil cooler one of the external types? If so, where does it "occur" in the OIF oil flow system?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have seen two types for sale like you are describing.

One is made in Oz and incorporates an oil cooler, listed on Brit Only's web site. The other one is just the filter, and listed on Dave Quinn's web site.

Is your's either of these?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts