Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since you guys are my friends and bike week nears i'll spill a few places anyone headed down there may want to visit. hopefully this will spawn a few additions and i can learn some new places there too.

disclaimer: i've never been to bike week and probably will never go, i have been to speedweeks and january testing at the speedway for the last 7 years. i just wrapped up my 24th day in daytona beach in 2006 last night after we threw away our chance at the 500. i also have zero financial stake in any place mentioned here.....

boondocks off A1A south of port orange bridge. turn right on mallard off of A1A and its at the end of the street on the water (intercoastal side). good seafood and cheap beer, mainly a locals joint outside at a marina.

jerry's pizza ponce's inlet. just a little further south on A1A from boondocks - great pizza and calzones

Deck down under, under the port orange bridge on the ocean side. its on the south side of the bridge, there's a side street that goes back under the bridge. great seafood (mainly fried stuff) and outside seating.

Ocean deck daytona beach. yeah this one is right in the middle of the idiots but its a tradition amongst the racing crowd. the live music is usually pretty good. next to the mayan hotel right behind wendy's on A1A north of speedway blvd.

Carribean Jacks daytona beach. follow beach street past the ridiculous harley dealership and it turns into Ballough after you cross fairview. CJ's is on the right, its on the water and there's a hottub and pool at the outside bar. pay attention, there's lot of small motorcycle shops in the area besides arlen ness and big dog choppers....

Ride A1A north from daytona to St Augustine. nice beach scenery while logging miles

Lollipops has better looking dancers, shorter songs, higher cover charges, and more expensive drinks - go to the pink pony. its on Ridgewood (US1) north of speedway blvd a few blocks on the left. anything goes in the back area.

that's a starter list - if you've got any great hidden gems in the area i'd love to know them. i'm down there quite often with the circus.

brandon

·
Registered
23 Posts
stolenmojo said:
since you guys are my friends and bike week nears i'll spill a few places anyone headed down there may want to visit. hopefully this will spawn a few additions and i can learn some new places there too.

disclaimer: i've never been to bike week and probably will never go, i have been to speedweeks and january testing at the speedway for the last 7 years. i just wrapped up my 24th day in daytona beach in 2006 last night after we threw away our chance at the 500. i also have zero financial stake in any place mentioned here.....

boondocks off A1A south of port orange bridge. turn right on mallard off of A1A and its at the end of the street on the water (intercoastal side). good seafood and cheap beer, mainly a locals joint outside at a marina.

jerry's pizza ponce's inlet. just a little further south on A1A from boondocks - great pizza and calzones

Deck down under, under the port orange bridge on the ocean side. its on the south side of the bridge, there's a side street that goes back under the bridge. great seafood (mainly fried stuff) and outside seating.

Ocean deck daytona beach. yeah this one is right in the middle of the idiots but its a tradition amongst the racing crowd. the live music is usually pretty good. next to the mayan hotel right behind wendy's on A1A north of speedway blvd.

Carribean Jacks daytona beach. follow beach street past the ridiculous harley dealership and it turns into Ballough after you cross fairview. CJ's is on the right, its on the water and there's a hottub and pool at the outside bar. pay attention, there's lot of small motorcycle shops in the area besides arlen ness and big dog choppers....

Ride A1A north from daytona to St Augustine. nice beach scenery while logging miles

Lollipops has better looking dancers, shorter songs, higher cover charges, and more expensive drinks - go to the pink pony. its on Ridgewood (US1) north of speedway blvd a few blocks on the left. anything goes in the back area.

that's a starter list - if you've got any great hidden gems in the area i'd love to know them. i'm down there quite often with the circus.

brandon
Sweetwaters for seafood,

Who do you work for?

Roy Caruthers
Indianapolis Indiana

·
Registered
23 Posts
oh yea the one and only time I went to the ocean deck in 1988 I didn't leave alone, so I would highly reccomend it hahahahaha

·
Registered
801 Posts
Flagler Ave. in New Smyrna Beach...right on the water, bunch of restaurants, bars, etc. Will be a lot of bikes during Bike Week, but still not as crazy as Daytona.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
We're playing for free (nobody would pay us) at The Si Co Mo No Inn on A1A in Flagler Beach, it's way north of Daytona, it'll be a blast, everyone's welcome, it ain't no cardboard chap wearing type of event. Just a few good friends kicking back and having a good time.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hey is Gus's hamburger stand still on the peir at flager beach or is it done gone away with progress///Have not been down there for years.Used to stop there 2 or 3 times a year when i was akid and eat while vistin flordia...

Shoe
Nads said:
We're playing for free (nobody would pay us) at The Si Co Mo No Inn on A1A in Flagler Beach, it's way north of Daytona, it'll be a blast, everyone's welcome, it ain't no cardboard chap wearing type of event. Just a few good friends kicking back and having a good time.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nads said:
What days you guys going to be there.

·
Registered
853 Posts
chuck... me and bob are hoping to be down for the last weekend. probably be at last resort for the bike show on saturday. i'll try to catch up with you.

GumbyChuck said:
J.W. Wood Vintage Motorcycle Auction & Swap in Deland, the last Friday of bike week. Like Barret & Jackson for cool old bikes.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nads said:
Genarro, you're coming down then?
I'd like to, but I can't swing it...I've got a new place and it's got me over a barrell until I'm done with the build out.

I'm probably one of the few people that will admit to actually liking Daytona. Everyone always complains about over priced hotels, nasty cops, "yuppies," traffic, blah Blah BLAH....fuck that crap, to me it's one of about 3 or 4 events a year that I get to see a few people who's company I enjoy and that I run into at these events.

Biketoberfest is even better and will be one of two (the SMSO) national events that I'll be fortunate enough to hit this year.

·
Banned
36 Posts
stolenmojo said:

brandon
Here are a couple places we go to.

Ride A1A North up to St. Augustine and check out the old fort and have a beer at the Tradewinds.

Go to Ponce Inlet, check out the brick lighthouse and have a beer at Lighthouse Landing, an old bait shack looking place.

AMA short track at Municipal Stadium.

Go in the pits on Vintage day at Daytona Speedway.

O.B.s on Route 17 in Deland. Fun local bar with decent food.

Ed Walden's bar at S. Beach and Bellevue. An old gas station turned into a dive bar. Pumps still out front.

JB's Fish Camp in New Smyrna is a cool seafood place.

The Brickyard on 92 has great wings.

Although crowded, it is still fun to go to the Iron Horse in Ormond Beach on rt 1.

That's all I can remember.
Ray in CT

·
Registered
630 Posts
jw_ said:
chuck... me and bob are hoping to be down for the last weekend. probably be at last resort for the bike show on saturday. i'll try to catch up with you.
You'll have to look real hard...as I'm not going to make it this year.
Burned up all the leave and vacation time back in August and it doesn't
reset til April.
Just recommending events for those attending.
Y'all have a big time.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
HOT DAMN! said:
Just down the road, the Orlando Museum of Art has the "Art of the Motorcycle" exhibit going on.

http://www.omart.org/aom/pages/AOMhome.html#overviewanchor
Too true HD, I completely forgot, this cannot be missed. I saw the original at the Guggenheim, this one's smaller, but it'll still be amazing and it's less than three miles from my house.

I'm going on Sunday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts