·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks!
My '56 6T has an oval brass tag on the timing cover;

Connolly Cams
Portland Ore.
I've owned this bike since '69, an informal flat track, play bike, ramp jumper.
Bike idles like a top fuel car, the single 376 has a #300 main jet. 1 3/4 short TT's.
I was just curious about the "Connolly Cams" tag. I can't seem to find any reference on the company. Anyone out there have a clue?
Thanks, Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've only got info on Connelly cam CSX1.
Intake 38/62 , exhaust 62/38 , 102 degree lobe centres. I assume that's measured at 0.020" tappet lift.
It uses 3/4" radius tappets, and valve clearances should be 0.010".

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UGOTBIT,
I actually did have a couple, but they were Polaroids, and went blank over the years.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
I can tell you though, that Evel was wise to switch to an XR750, "Frankenstein" lands like a bundle of fire wood!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Pat Connolly besides being a cam grinder was also a salt flats racer .He was a significant person in the Portland race scene in the 60's and his triumph cams were featured in a lot of Flat Track racers. I have a one off experimental grind done by Mr Connolly for a bloke in South Australia, its like a Harman & Collins #9 but with quicker lift.
Johnson Cams do a Connolly grind in their line up.
Here are pics of the Brass tags from Todd's (Small City Cycles) collection .
Cheers R

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pat Connolly besides being a cam grinder was also a salt flats racer .He was a significant person in the Portland race scene in the 60's and his triumph cams were featured in a lot of Flat Track racers. I have a one off experimental grind done by Mr Connolly for a bloke in South Australia, its like a Harman & Collins #9 but with quicker lift.
Johnson Cams do a Connolly grind in their line up.
Here are pics of the Brass tags from Todd's (Small City Cycles) collection .
Cheers R
Thanks, Riding Hood!! That's more information than I have had since I bought the bike in 69!
The tag on the bottom of your two tags is the very tag on my timing cover.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My '63 TR6SS has them. It was an old flat track racer, and Connolly cams were definitely popular with racers around Portland in the 60's.

Man, I wish this old dog could talk! It's beginning to look as if this bike made it to Texas from the Great Northwest? No one, and I mean no one around the DFW area has known anything about Connolly cams. Interesting. Thanks all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.