Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Pole to pole!!! Awesome of the guy! Finally Rossi has to take a seat.

Ya see that slide of Mladin's in Superbike?!! Holy cow! How he held on I'll never know. Congrats to Eric for winning that sucka as well. Nicely done! The USA ruled the American GP!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah, USA rules the moto GP! Wish I had the $ and time to have seen it in person. Haven't seen any video yet, but the club had some brothers on the scene, 50 feet from the finish line and I guarantee that the loudest sound there was our pal tail-light Larry screaming screams of joy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
just got back,its late. I was there, I saw, I rejoiced! Nicky spandek Rossi! I a Huge Rossi fan, But Nicky is right next to him in my book. I will post some picks tomorow night after work.
fastsporty

·
Registered
181 Posts
If I'm not mistaken...this is Nicky's first MotoGP victory, right?

I thought when he left AMA Superbike to race MotoGP, there would be a learning curve, but he (until yesterday) hasn't had the success I thought he would...

Favorite NH moment was a few years ago when he took a side trip off the Superbike Circuit and raced the Springfield TT and walked away from EVERYBODY! All Chris Carr & Jay Springsteen, etc., could do was watch this red blur get dimmer ahead of them....Don't get me wrong, I like Carr & Springsteen, et al, as good as anyone...I just believe NH could have been out there on a Puch Moped and wipe the rest of the field up that day

·
Registered
361 Posts
Don't forget Nicky and his brothers have been racing flattrack and tt's for a long time. I pretty sure thats were they got their start in motorcycle racing. Wish i could have seen the race. Gregg

·
Registered
177 Posts
One of the reasons I didn't go was the "NO CA$H" problem. (and I had to go see my brother drag race at the Rat Fink partay -- fun)....but as it turns out, my pals Scot and Mike said you could camp AT THE TRACK for F R E E!! Sure, Laguna Seca said you had to reserve a spot, but, hell....it's all brothers & sisters there, so the real estate was no problem!!! No shortage of space at all. If the race is there next year, just shell-out for the ticket and bring the bag & tent. Anyway, that's my plan. ...just passin' on the info...

·
Registered
88 Posts
i remember in the late 80's when i was racing flat track, the haydens were too. their whole damn family raced and they were all good riders. good for Nickey!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts