Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this bike for 15+ years.

Tore it apart and stored it until I could get to it. It ended up in NC with my dad and brother. My brother decided he wanted to race it so they started buying all the race parts. Then gave up. My brother then drove out the to west coast and brought the bike back to me last summer. I got the frame powdercoated in March and have been slowly putting it back together.

Last summer.

Today:

Still missing some little parts. But getting close.

Obligatory chick-on-bike-shot:

Oh, and I followed Coco over from the Norton Commando forum. Blame him for the extra Norton owner here. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
It looks great...prob feels great being that close after 15 years!
Also good to see you have help in the garage.
Bill

·
Banned
116 Posts
Welcome, i don't own a norton but allways wanted one, looks like a cool build, it'll be nice to see something here other then a triumph for a change.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome, i don't own a norton but allways wanted one, looks like a cool build, it'll be nice to see something here other then a triumph for a change.
Don't worry, I have a Triumph on the docket for one of these days. I think I've had it longer than the Norton...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Glad you found the JJ swoosh. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I don't think these cats bother with killswitches. ;)
Or headlight trim rings. :eek: I'm still embarassed over that one, having my clips in backwards.

What's up with the Triumph? I'm about to start a Triumph chop now that my Commando is done.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Or headlight trim rings. :eek: I'm still embarassed over that one, having my clips in backwards.

What's up with the Triumph? I'm about to start a Triumph chop now that my Commando is done.
Not going to chop mine. Street tracker.

British Blog

I have a flat track frame for a BSA and a T120TT motor. Can't decide if I should mod the frame to take the Triumph motor or find a BSA motor.

I can get my hands on a stock Triumph frame too (when the times comes).

Luckily all this can wait until the Norton is done.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Nortons first. I have the same mantra but hopefully the Triumph won't take me 3 years to finish like the Commando did.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nortons first. I have the same mantra but hopefully the Triumph won't take me 3 years to finish like the Commando did.
It was well worth the time spent my man! I effin love your Commando. I look forward to this build as well.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I like you already, just because you may very well be the last American "putting together" a British bike instead of "getting it sorted" and you're even using "parts" instead of "bits."

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like you already, just because you may very well be the last American "putting together" a British bike instead of "getting it sorted" and you're even using "parts" instead of "bits."
Don't get too excited. I still have a lot of "fettling" to do. :D

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

Getting closer. At this rate I might beat Coco.
I've been done for a while now and have been on a few rides now until an issue popped up. Just a weird problem right now which is a faulty Tri-Spark ignition I'm sure since I've been through the carb more times than I care to and am quite positive that is not the problem. Waiting for a Tri-Spark replacement to show up any day now.

Your bike is looking really good Dave.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts