Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Short white fork dust boots? Any sources?

Looking for colored (...white,red,blue...) short harmonica style dust boots...I know they are available for MX bikes but they are a foot long...I also know that there is an elastic paint that will hold fairly good on rubber, but not good enough for the up & down movement of a front fork...I tried auto,mountain bike & marine sources also, nothing sofar...any tips anybody?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've always thought that shock covers for like 4x4's or off roads trucks might work. I've never tried these, but they come (or use to) in a large amount of different colors. But what do I know

Danny F. said:
Looking for colored (...white,red,blue...) short harmonica style dust boots...I know they are available for MX bikes but they are a foot long...I also know that there is an elastic paint that will hold fairly good on rubber, but not good enough for the up & down movement of a front fork...I tried auto,mountain bike & marine sources also, nothing sofar...any tips anybody?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
justjeff said:
I've always thought that shock covers for like 4x4's or off roads trucks might work. I've never tried these, but they come (or use to) in a large amount of different colors. But what do I know

Hey Justjeff, yes everytime I walk in these 4x4 shops I'm checking their line of colored boots but they are always waaay to long...
@ Big Fink; now I see that it's getting time to order a Jammer catalog...! They got them in red indeed, so to get white Gator's should be one step closer I guess...(hope) Thanks so far guys!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I saw some at the local speedshop. They were 5$ in the close out rack, they were small and gray, it looked like they came off of some aftermarket car shocks. Maybe Euro?
justjeff said:

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all ! I will contact the supplier for Jammer and see if they actually also exist in White..(my first choice, grey my second)
I tried to shorten long ones before..not so clean, 'cause there's no "edge" left then..
@ Faust, if I only knew where the grey ones you saw came off from...I will take a look at my local speed shop overhere in the aftrmarket shocks catalog...
Thanks again !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts