Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
got a set of Coker/Firestone 18" Deluxe Champion replicas for the new rigid but haven't run 'em yet. I was told the compounds are updated for modern tires. Quality 'looks' good. What brand replicas you lookin at? Firestone dual stripes? Goodyear Eagles?

MC

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flatironmike said:
What brand replicas you lookin at? Firestone dual stripes? Goodyear Eagles?
MC
Looking at the Super Eagle double stripe replicas. I ran a set of those HD 240 Classic replicas in the early 90s, and they were fucking scary in the rain! just wondering about these.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I know I've talked about this on FUCK before, but I will reiterate--if you are really putting a bike through its paces, FUCK COKERS! They will slide around and feel scary in a turn or in any situation in the rain.

As soon as I put MKII's on my bike, it was like I had sportbike tires in comparison.

rockymtnpits said:
Looking at the Super Eagle double stripe replicas. I ran a set of those HD 240 Classic replicas in the early 90s, and they were fucking scary in the rain! just wondering about these.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tha Nutz said:
I know I've talked about this on FUCK before, but I will reiterate--if you are really putting a bike through its paces, FUCK COKERS! They will slide around and feel scary in a turn or in any situation in the rain.

As soon as I put MKII's on my bike, it was like I had sportbike tires in comparison.
Are you running MKIIs front and rear?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I had them on my Pan, the looked great and did great around town doing like 40 mph, but on the hot (+100*) highway on the truck groove and road crown, fawk me that was some scary shit. Honestly here in Vegas, we really don't have rain, so I cant comment on that.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not sure what bike you are considering these tires for. If you intend to ride it much, MKIIs are the best of both worlds. If it's a brit bike there are some k70/k80 repops in the parts unlimited catalog. tim

·
Registered
48 Posts
What's this parts unlimited catalog? I'm looking for that old school look for my Brit.
leadsled said:
Not sure what bike you are considering these tires for. If you intend to ride it much, MKIIs are the best of both worlds. If it's a brit bike there are some k70/k80 repops in the parts unlimited catalog. tim

·
Registered
328 Posts
Parts Unlimited is in bed with Drag Specialties. We just got a set here for a buddy's BSA. They look right on, I'm guessing now; but the tread is exact and the compound seems modern. One last thing is they weren't crazy expensive. Call Kent monday tell him you want to buy his set. 251 929-1623

1 - 10 of 10 Posts