Jockey Journal Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
The Brit bikes seem to do this shit more often, never had much trouble with Harleys. I got an old Norton unstuck by bungee cording the clutch lever in overnight, then just rocked it back and forth in gear….bam

·
Registered
625 Posts
ok really.... it's been a few days since I had an ironhead but really I don;'t remember pulling the primary being that big a deal... I had to do it all the time because the lock nuts kept slipping off the keeper studs on the clutch. seems likes it's all of a30-45 minute deal...

then again.... i've kept Tanqueray in business since then.

Butche

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've come accross many stuck clutches in my time. I always use this situation to give me an excuse to go inside to check things out.
Open it, get aquainted, strip it clean it, reinstall and have piece of mind during riding season.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
after i finally got it to turn over (bad wiring, bad grounds) i just put the front wheel up to my porch and put it in first and rocked it back and forth, after i did that they were still a little sticky so i took it around the block and went through a few of the gears a few times until it would sit still while pulling the clutch in. took it out where i could get it into 4th gear and just kept going through the gears.

the reason i didnt want to take my primary off is that my shift output shaft is slightly bent and its a bastard to take on and off. i got hit by a car last year while pushing my bike to the gas station by a drunk driver (which they let him go??) i have the bike about all fixed up from it, my legs however are a different story...

·
Registered
380 Posts
the reason i didnt want to take my primary off is that my shift output shaft is slightly bent and its a bastard to take on and off. i got hit by a car last year while pushing my bike to the gas station by a drunk driver (which they let him go??) i have the bike about all fixed up from it, my legs however are a different story...
This Btw was not a fun call to get from your buddy as your getting ready to eat your dinner after just leaving from your friends house working on the bikes. i show up and our other friend is already there bike is mangaled adam is just as mangaled. kid still walks funny to this day and does need help with somethings due to not being able to use his legs just right as leverage.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
You could try putting it into gear and rocking it back and forth. Much less brutal than popping it into gear with a running engine (and in my mind less dangerous). Failing that I'd pop the primary cover off and manually free the plates.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts