Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the excellent advice I recieved here in the Jockey Journal I discovered that my panhead had been assembled (by the previous owner) WITHOUT a throwout bearing!!!! No wonder I could never get my clutch to stay adjusted for long! Makes me wonder what other things may be missing!? I am amazed it lasted two years like that! Anyway guys thanks for convincing me to completly tear the sucker apart instead of just replacing the adjusting screw.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
big_al said:
As per the excellent advice I recieved here in the Jockey Journal I discovered that my panhead had been assembled (by the previous owner) WITHOUT a throwout bearing!!!! No wonder I could never get my clutch to stay adjusted for long! Makes me wonder what other things may be missing!? I am amazed it lasted two years like that! Anyway guys thanks for convincing me to completly tear the sucker apart instead of just replacing the adjusting screw.
No throwout bearing with a foot clutch to boot, you must've had 1 helluva time with that clutch ! Did you replace it with the big bearing? I have a late model 1 on my shovel chop with a foot clutch and so far so good.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the late model kit....waiting for the parts to arrive to put it back together......

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
waiting on parts////

SoDak was good!!

The studebaker made it back without incident.....except the speedo broke....I used a gps and it says I hit 74 MPH!!! On the flat six 169cu in....must have been a long downhill!!! HA HA

Now it is back to workkk

I'll check on the L-carbs this week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts