Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some clear ignition wire so I can make a new set of plug wires for the trump. Not red clear... just clear. Mr. Griffin said to try Ebay, but didn't see them up there. Anyone know where I can find this stuff? Is it copper core?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Aquarium hose with a copper wire inside? Never seen clear ign wires myself. Are you trying to make them invisible to plugwire thieves?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
hard to find, us car guys are ALWAYS lookin for wem too

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Creepinogie said:
Aquarium hose with a copper wire inside? Never seen clear ign wires myself. Are you trying to make them invisible to plugwire thieves?
Yes! That's basically what they are. Maybe G. will post a pick of his shovel real quick to show the world what we're talking about...

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
i see it and red on ebay every so often. usually by the same seller and usually with a by the foot starting price of $10. don't have his name and yes it's copper core. i've been looking for some red but i ain't givin $10 a foot for it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I've seen the clear wires you're talking about but have no idea where to get 'em.

I know that's really a big help...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
You can really freak them out by using clear aquarium hose filled with, not copper, but salt water to conduct the electricty! Works in theory...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Creepinogie said:
You can really freak them out by using clear aquarium hose filled with, not copper, but salt water to conduct the electricty! Works in theory...
would fry the hoses.... although would look REAL cool for first turn over... LOL

·
Registered
625 Posts
i called in a favor from a guy i know that owns a wire supply house.
supplies the wood spools of millions of miles of line to .. SBC and Power companies cats like that...
he's lookin around...
may take a day or two...
since its a favor.. he dont get too hopped up for me unless he want to use the same idea on his shovel.

butche

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Call Yoshi at the evil empire (AKA The Garage Company), that's where I got my clear ignition wire.

scootermcrad said:
Looking for some clear ignition wire so I can make a new set of plug wires for the trump. Not red clear... just clear. Mr. Griffin said to try Ebay, but didn't see them up there. Anyone know where I can find this stuff? Is it copper core?

Thanks!

·
Banned
31 Posts
I've never seen clear. I'm running clear heater core lines on my 63 Falcon. I've got to use these on it too. Thanks for the thread.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Probably, he's an ebay junky, but I always call people if I can. There's just more immediacy then.

scootermcrad said:
Lots of good leads here (get it?! HAA!)... I'll check them all out. Thanks for the effort.

Nutz, does Yoshi answer emails?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tha Nutz said:
Probably, he's an ebay junky, but I always call people if I can. There's just more immediacy then.
I agree. I emailed him awhile back for some stuff and never heard back. That's why I ask. I shot him an email about the wires just in case, but will end up calling him when I get a chance.

Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Trumpnut said:
I have a spool of it in the garage . it is copper core but it is Blue wire inside since you can see the oxydation on the copper . How much do you need ?
That blue appearance might actually be pretty cool! Could you possibly take a quick pic of it and PM it to me? I need about 4-feet (gives me room for screw ups).

PM me... thanks!
Scooter

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
not sure if you would be willing but i need some for my hot rod. about 9-10ft though, doubt you will sell

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
from the wierd but true files:

years ago i had a buddy that was a real practical joker. we used to play tricks on each other all the time to see who could fuck with the other ones mind the most. one night i was over at his house playing poker and he went outside under some pretense or other for a few minutes. i didn't think anything about it and after a few hands of cards i went home. about a week later i ran into him and he gets this strange look on his face and asks how my car was running. at the time i had a 65 stingray with a 283 4spd and it was running great. my buddy asked me to pop the hood and proceeded to pull off the coil wire and look at it. he hands it to me and it turns out to be a length of vacuum line ! then he tells me that the week before when he went outside he swapped my coil wire out for the empty tubing, sure that it would drive me nuts trying to figure out why my car wouldn't run. well....it ran great. go figure :confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.