Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put some different grips on my cl350. Is it hard to change them? Does anyone know what size the stock handlebars need? Thanks!
Lil Joe

·
Registered
361 Posts
You should have a 7/8s bar on your honda which is pretty common. The domestic bikes have 1 inch bars. Your local foriegn bike shop should have a selection for you to choice from. To get the grips off pry a flat bladed screwdriver under the grip,pull up on the screwdriver and spray a little wd40 under it . do that in several places around the grip(12 o clock, 3 ,6 ,and 9 ) and the old grip should slip right off. Our you could take a razor blade and just cut them off Be careful. Gregg

·
Registered
485 Posts
If your grips have a hole in the end you can use an air gun. Just stick the air gun up to the hole, give er a blast and pull off the grip. It works pretty sweet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anthem said:
If your grips have a hole in the end you can use an air gun. Just stick the air gun up to the hole, give er a blast and pull off the grip. It works pretty sweet.
Thanks for the advice, now i can get them off, but how do i put the new ones on? Do i need adhesive of some sort? Thanks!
Lil Joe

·
Registered
618 Posts
you can slide them on with hairspray and when it dries it sticks. watch the overspray and don't make a mess.

-AJ

Capricekid said:
Thanks for the advice, now i can get them off, but how do i put the new ones on? Do i need adhesive of some sort? Thanks!
Lil Joe

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aj650 said:
you can slide them on with hairspray and when it dries it sticks. watch the overspray and don't make a mess.

-AJ
Very cool, i had no idea that it was that simple.
Lil Joe

·
Registered
485 Posts
Plus when your done you can use the hairspray to tease your hair out like a rockstar!
Wooooo! Yeah!!!!!

I've had friends that have even used spraypaint and starting fluid :)

You can even use the air gun method to install the grips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts