Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what a ballpark price to have some stuff chromed, like maybe some drag bars.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
james said:
Just wondering what a ballpark price to have some stuff chromed, like maybe some drag bars.
A few chrome shops around here say $3.00 an inch.

I usually bring in a bunch of stuff and it seems its half that.

-Jason

·
Registered
504 Posts
3 dollars a square inch? damn i got ripped off then.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
snortonnorton said:
3 dollars a square inch? damn i got ripped off then.
I got ripped off at show and go in Dallas.

Cen-Tex in Austin does decent bright chrome and is totally reasonable. Springer I made was $250 to polish and plate.

-Jason

·
Registered
504 Posts
Scorcher said:
I got ripped off at show and go in Dallas.

Cen-Tex in Austin does decent bright chrome and is totally reasonable. Springer I made was $250 to polish and plate.

-Jason
250 is really good for a whole springer.

how much do you think it would cost if the springer has chrome on it that needs to be removed? is it labor intensive to remove chrome and powder or is it just dipped in somethine?

I have a springer that is powder coated over old chrome. but the powder job is chipping.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
snortonnorton said:
250 is really good for a whole springer.

how much do you think it would cost if the springer has chrome on it that needs to be removed? is it labor intensive to remove chrome and powder or is it just dipped in somethine?

I have a springer that is powder coated over old chrome. but the powder job is chipping.
Not labor intensive to remove it. Just electricity and chemicals. Learned a lot from my boss, he had a chrome shop. The cost is in the buffing/prep. Deeper pits=more buffing and more coats of copper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts