Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Choppertown tour continues...

Scott and I will be heading from Denver down to Austin for a screening and party on Saturday, March 11th. Choppertown will be showing outdoors on a big screen during the SXSW Film Festival at Threadgills at 9:30pm. The party and screening is hosted by FilmBaby.com and admission is FREE.

The other films showing there look good too, so please feel free to bring your family out and enjoy the night air.

Here's the details, please spread the word to anyone who you think would enjoy it. As always, thanks for supporting our dreams.

Screening time:
Saturday, March 11th at 9:30pm

Ticket price: FREE

(512) 472-9304

301 W Riverside Dr

Austin, TX 78704

Cross Street:Between Haywood Ave and Barton Springs Rd
http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AgmJe4...-/SIG=110i4e655/**http://www.threadgills.com/

From the press-release:
On-line independent film retailer FilmBaby.com will make a huge splash at this year's SXSW Film Festival. On March 11, the second day of the festival, Filmbaby.com will host a party at the legendary Threadgills beginning at 4pm with cocktails and live music.

The screenings then begin at 7pm outside, shown on a 30 Foot inflatable movie screen. Admission is Free.
<O:pThreadgills is located in the heart of Austin at 301 W Riverside Drive.<O:p

Critically acclaimed films such as "Heavy Metal Parking Lot", one of the greatest rock and roll films of all time; the award-winning "Helicopter", and biker doc "Choppertown: the Sinners" made the cut to be screened along with several other films.

·
Registered
144 Posts
As a plus, Threadgills has one of the best chicken fried steaks you will ever eat.

While you are there make the run down to Beverley's...it is a true biker bar.

and don't forget to hit rudy's for some bbq....and taco shack for some breakfast tacos....and wel you get the point.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
choppertown said:
The Choppertown tour continues...

Scott and I will be heading from Denver down to Austin for a screening and party on Saturday, March 11th. Choppertown will be showing outdoors on a big screen during the SXSW Film Festival at Threadgills at 9:30pm. The party and screening is hosted by FilmBaby.com and admission is FREE.

The other films showing there look good too, so please feel free to bring your family out and enjoy the night air.

Here's the details, please spread the word to anyone who you think would enjoy it. As always, thanks for supporting our dreams.

Screening time:
Saturday, March 11th at 9:30pm

Ticket price: FREE

(512) 472-9304

301 W Riverside Dr

Austin, TX 78704

Cross Street:Between Haywood Ave and Barton Springs Rd

From the press-release:
On-line independent film retailer FilmBaby.com will make a huge splash at this year's SXSW Film Festival. On March 11, the second day of the festival, Filmbaby.com will host a party at the legendary Threadgills beginning at 4pm with cocktails and live music.

The screenings then begin at 7pm outside, shown on a 30 Foot inflatable movie screen. Admission is Free.
<O:pThreadgills is located in the heart of Austin at 301 W Riverside Drive.<O:p

Critically acclaimed films such as "Heavy Metal Parking Lot", one of the greatest rock and roll films of all time; the award-winning "Helicopter", and biker doc "Choppertown: the Sinners" made the cut to be screened along with several other films.
That flick was cool, Tales of the Rat Fink should be good too I wish I was going - AJ

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh shit, if i see one of you guys go into Hooters instead of one of the many far superior local Austin joints I'm gunna burn that place down.

Allycat, hey where do you live? I live right by Barton Springs pool.

·
Jumper
154 Posts
Barton Hills.
ATX-tommy said:
Oh shit, if i see one of you guys go into Hooters instead of one of the many far superior local Austin joints I'm gunna burn that place down.

·
Registered
144 Posts
ATX-tommy said:

No shit...I will help pour the gas.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RippoDippo said:
Any Chance you'll be showing it at the Toronto Film Festival?
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the posts. Yeah, we're bustin ass trying to get more theaters on board, we'd love to show it in chi-town, vegas, toronto, etc... the best we can promise is that we're working on it non-stop. If you ever happen over to a theater in your town, ask the manager to get in touch with us!

z&s
www.choppertown.net

1 - 20 of 30 Posts