Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One more post and I'm done for a while. Can anyone give me your definitions (and differences) of choppers and bobbers in black and white? What frames, tanks, frontends, etc. do they need to meet the definitions?
Just curious about everyone's opinions.
Larry T

·
Registered
398 Posts
chopper: stripped and cut up bike, longer forks,skinny front end,

bobber: stripped down , short fenders, short front end

·
Registered
798 Posts
Larry T said:
What frames, tanks, frontends, etc. do they need to meet the definitions?
The last thing you should worry about when buildin a bike is someone else's definition of what it should be. Both style bikes came from guys after the war taking what they had and makin do with it. They took all the crap off a stock bike...in the words of a certain builder "anything that doesn't make it go faster or stop faster" and voila you have a "bobber". The chopper guys took it one step further and cut up the frame...put longer front ends on changed the bars etc...I hear alot of people say bobber this and bobber that...just cause a bike has short forks on it doesnt make it a bobber. Same thing with the "cafe" bikes...i hear people talkin about their cafe bike then they pull up on a stock whatever with the turn signals taken off and low bars. Fuck definitions man....build what ya want. A motorcycle is a motorcycle.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Shooty said:
The last thing you should worry about when buildin a bike is someone else's definition of what it should be. Both style bikes came from guys after the war taking what they had and makin do with it. They took all the crap off a stock bike...in the words of a certain builder "anything that doesn't make it go faster or stop faster" and voila you have a "bobber". The chopper guys took it one step further and cut up the frame...put longer front ends on changed the bars etc...I hear alot of people say bobber this and bobber that...just cause a bike has short forks on it doesnt make it a bobber. Same thing with the "cafe" bikes...i hear people talkin about their cafe bike then they pull up on a stock whatever with the turn signals taken off and low bars. Fuck definitions man....build what ya want. A motorcycle is a motorcycle.
When's the sequel coming out Hemingway?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dude....that opens you up to sooo many comments. But...i'm not goona go there :). Accessories are always good . Particularly in small tight tops
hatch said:
Doesn't matter what ya call em.....as long as it get ya one of these accessories.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts