Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
those are cool pictures , but you need the same thing I need when you are taking night pictures with a digital camera on the no flash setting . . . a nice little tri-pod , or they even make mono-pod deals that open up like an antena . keeps the picture more steady ! regardless , whatever . .. ruling pictures anyhow . I wish I could have stayed the night . . . it looks like it got better & better ! What did you think about that plumeria anyhow ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cool Pix, but I'm with =mike=.....next time invite me and i'll cover the photo part..
when is the next "Big Secret" ride??

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flatshoebox said:
Cool Pix, but I'm with =mike=.....next time invite me and i'll cover the photo part..
when is the next "Big Secret" ride??
Thanks for the advice, but I am into the artificially surreal quality inherent in the pics like the one of Dave on knelsons bike that precision won't allow. The absraction in the photos was what i was seeking. The crisp clear ones got deleted on purpose.
I know my way around the darkroom and what a tripod is for, but i've been bummed for a few years since I had my gear stolen in LA(ancient pre 1965 ARGUS SLR) and like how my crusty digi can be carried around easy-like.

here is a digital picture of a photograph i took and printed of the "rumbler" years ago with my argus. I just got a pentax pz-70(about 7-8 years old) from a pal but haven't had the chance to use it.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
You might also try using (if you have it) the night time setting, it take in the ambient light and gives it a little fill flash, also the less beers the better. the first time I saw that damn batman caddy I was drunk coming out of a bar I kept on shooting shots just trying to get one with out movement. anyway heres a sample shot I took at big boy when django was in town last year.
fastsporty

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts