Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting to build this for a long time. Thanks to my buddy Matthew with his tools, shop space, and help. Just need to finish the exhaust, get my solo seat and weld on the brackets, get an oil tank and weld on the brackets, weld on the bungs for the grab bar/fender struts, build the battery box, new handle bar controls, paint, and wiring and I'll be back on the road. It was a 2001 883 custom the jugs are going to get punched to 1200 with K&B pistons. Built a frame jig, chopped the stock rear section out and fabbed a hard tail section using stock wheel base and swing arm measurements, and lowered it about an inch. I made the axle plates, forward rear fender mount, and gusset for the top seat post, using a poster board template, 3/8" mild steel plate, Oxy/Ace torch, belt sander, drill press, and rotary bit. It was a bone stock 883 Sportster 2 weeks ago. Plan to finish it soon and ride it to the Smoke Out West with some good friends!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
looking great!
as far as the make the motor bigger part .....might I recommend the Nallin big bore kit instead. You can get steel cylinders with thunderstorm 10:5.1 forged pistons and rings, 1250 size for 750. + shipping. On sale Now and makes awesome power.
www.nrhsperformance.com no affiliation, just a happy customer, ask for Dan, he kicks butt for customer service too, I asked a ton of questions during my build and he was always pleasant.
crap, while your at it, get them to do the stage 2 porting and polishing and grab some red shift cams and a big mikuni from 'em too :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
nice nice nice my friend....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I need to take some updated pics. Smaller sporty tank and other little items. A couple more brackets and the frame will be ready for coating.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts