Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here be the skinny for the official Choppahead 5 Year Anniversary and the Limey Bastards 2nd Annual Orgy of Idiocy...

September 8th and 9th. The dates are locked in - we are having a weekender and extreme moron-a-thon - sickles, hot rods, booze, bastards, go-go dancers, jackassery, bands, give-aways, etc... you know how we do it!

Friday, September 8th. The kickoff party. Club Hell. Providence, RI. 9pm-2am. Bands from 9-11, DJ's after that. Punk, Metal, Go-Go Dancers, and drink specials. Bands To Be Announced (TBA)

Saturday, September 9th - pre party party/bbq at Choppahead, or at my house (TBA). Then from 5pm-2am - bike show, car show, bands, and mayhem at the Living Room (Providence, RI). Bands TBA.

Those dates are set. Lock'em in. I'll update you as bands become solidified, etc. Fliers soon, too - just wanted to get dates up ASAP.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'm all over this - I'll definitely be there.

Good talking to you the other day, have Jay drop me a line when he figured his shit out for my show.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jw_ said:
the jackassery alone would be worth the price of admission

i'd love to make it if i can
oh yeah... price of admission

friday night - $5, unless you get there before 11, then its free with a pass.

Saturday - will probably be in the $7 range.

·
Registered
411 Posts
sounds gay....i already checked for plane tickets...260 round trip..this time i might make it out to "the rippenst town".

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chicagogreaser said:
Truth, are you gonna make it out again for the Hardtail Party this year?
Gennaro...

Gonna try. If you see me hitting the home brewed absinthe again, though, make sure to throw a bottle at my head!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kartbreaker said:
sounds gay....i already checked for plane tickets...260 round trip..this time i might make it out to "the rippenst town".
Dude, Im trying to get Slapshot to play... but they are cranky old men! You know you can crash, mang. Gimme a shout, I gotta talk to you about some Austin shizz.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Truth said:
Dude, Im trying to get Slapshot to play...
Does this mean its an all ages show?!?!?!
:D

I'm gonna do what I can to get down there.
Truth, if you're looking for bands get in touch with the Swinedells.....real REAL fun band & they're all good Triumph guys.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I want to start up a band and bill the first show as a reunion show....they seem to be all the rage with the kids these days....

Did I hear something about a Wrecking Crew reunion?

Oh!
Grail, I'm gonna do my best to make it up to Peabody....where is it in relation to say....the Down Under Pub?
Is that place still around even?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'll be honest with you dude, I've never heard of it, but then again I don't really hit up the bars that much, so it could still be around. The Elks Club is near the center of town, off Washington St. Basically you take exit 26 off of 128, follow that down through the center of town, take a right onto washington and a right onto Oak St. There will be signs for it everywhere, it's easy to get to. Definitely try to make it down if you can, and bring a rowdy crew to make it fun. hah!

Grail, I'm gonna do my best to make it up to Peabody....where is it in relation to say....the Down Under Pub?
Is that place still around even?[/quote]

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Richie said:
Does this mean its an all ages show?!?!?!
:D

I'm gonna do what I can to get down there.
Truth, if you're looking for bands get in touch with the Swinedells.....real REAL fun band & they're all good Triumph guys.
havent heard of the swinedells... what kinda music?

dude, slapshot fans are old and cranky now, too

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Truth said:
havent heard of the swinedells... what kinda music?

dude, slapshot fans are old and cranky now, too
Ha!
I've been old and cranky.

The Swinedells are playing the Alter Boys show....great bunch of guys that are doing this garage soul dirty R&B type stuff a' la the Sonics.
Actualy, they just do a lot of drinking and play music between swigs.

They seem to have a bunch of gigs these days and are definately worth checking out.
I'll send you some other info on them when I get home....shit, I should be on their payroll!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Richie said:
Ha!
I've been old and cranky.

The Swinedells are playing the Alter Boys show....great bunch of guys that are doing this garage soul dirty R&B type stuff a' la the Sonics.
Actualy, they just do a lot of drinking and play music between swigs.

They seem to have a bunch of gigs these days and are definately worth checking out.
I'll send you some other info on them when I get home....shit, I should be on their payroll!
Sounds fuckin cool.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts