Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what colour stripes chinos jersey was in the Wild One?

(yeah yeah yeah... black and white. I thought I read somewhere the colours were bright and clashing)

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
I always assumed that it was red and white too....

I also heard (or read) that Sonny Barger bought that actual shit....maybe we should ask him.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I heard Barger had it, if you see him could you ask him for me.

I'm going with Voneville, purple and yellow.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
big_al said:
I always assumed that it was red and white too....

I also heard (or read) that Sonny Barger bought that actual shit....maybe we should ask him.....
I believe Frank Sadelick (sp?) one of the early HA presidents (Frisco?) bought the shirt in the fifties and wore it until it fell apart. It was documented in one of the HA books ... can't remember which. Can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday.

·
Registered
51 Posts
[quote=Guy]I believe Frank Sadelick (sp?) one of the early HA presidents (Frisco?) bought the shirt in the fifties and wore it until it fell apart. It was documented in one of the HA books ... can't remember which. Can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday.[/quote]

You're right. And it was blue and yellow. It's in Hunter S. Thompson's book.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey you guys get the facts straight it was purple/blue (Indigo for the pros) and yellow (doesn't show in black and white) and it was bought by Frank Sadileck one of the first HAMC Presidents of the Frisco charter he was also the one to give the ANGELS their modern flying skull patch he designed it he used to be some sort of artist how come I know because I used to be a member in the HAMC and you learn all these small things Greetz.

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
It's in Hunter Thompson's book. Go read it and find out.

And no, it's not red and white.

Further useless trivia: The Beetles (the band) got their name from Chino's gang in The Wild One.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Tony Bones said:
It's in Hunter Thompson's book. Go read it and find out.

And no, it's not red and white.

Further useless trivia: The Beetles (the band) got their name from Chino's gang in The Wild One.
BUT I WANT it to be red and white...that was just how I filled it in my mind......

or Pink and Chartruse (sp?)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts