Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wheres a good place to talk to about hardtailing my shovel this fall? fuck it, i LOVE this bike, it needs a hardtail, and i wanna keep the OG frame and title with me...

who knows a decent shop, preferably not farther than chi town, since i may have to do this when its colder out, and the ride might suck, LOL...

also, what can i be lookin to pay for labor for such a job???

i know the hardtail is $170 or so, and i could probbly do it, but i want it RIGHT, know what i mean, LOL

·
Registered
840 Posts
Do it yourself and save some money, just cause someone else is gonna do it don't mean it'll be right.

Why not put it in a hardtail frame?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wanna keep the HD title and frame and all, MSOs are a PAIN it seems, although in WI i know it would be EASY...

i dont know depends on cost... if its gonna cost me $5-600 in labor, its cheaper to buy a new frame, and i can always sell the frame and title to a big twin for GOOD money.. im not sold on it either way, exploring, but i know for SURE it would be nice to keep the HD stuff, and i dont think the weld ons look bad...

reason i dont wanna do it is easy, im a moron, LMAO... jk, no really, i have never done one before, and i wanna make sure it is all lined up right and welded well, as opposed to me trashing a perfectly good frame..

of course, you could just trade me a tbucket for this bike, and things would be over, LOL... but tahts up to you

ps- let me know on thiose handlebars

·
Registered
331 Posts
My welding is pretty piss poor and don't have access to a jig. Also, I didn't want to mess with anything as important as the frame. A local shop with a jig should be able to do it in a couple hours time. Buds here in austin welded mine up for $100.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
51rat said:
wheres a good place to talk to about hardtailing my shovel this fall? ..... but i want it RIGHT, know what i mean, LOL
Genarro answered this question not 3 weeks back, in your other thread here :

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8004&highlight=hardtail

chicagogreaser said:
Santee does 'em for under $200...not an easy job if you don't have any experience doing it, though...

http://www.customchrome.com/catalogs/CCP2006/1018.html

I have a friend at a shop who's done a few and can hook it up for you if you can make it down here.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i saw him inthat thread bro, but i was lookin for more options and contact info... seein whats out there, and maybe if anything is closer..

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry man, i dig the rigid ride, not rough with the right seat spring setup.. love it on my sporty, and my triumph, will love it on this same as i love my friends pan.... not to mention would never go struts, i just dont dig the look and dont see the point

i just love you guys and how you waste your time on lil ol me, hahahhaa!

everyone is my bro brother... sorry to say it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts