Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a long time HAMB guy, got into street bikes five years ago but had dirt bikes a lot longer than that. I posted some pics in the past on my two ongoing projects on the HAMB but never felt real comfortable doing so.

My first street bike is a 1957 Triumph T110 AS (American Sport, we made up the nomenclature because it is sort of a stripped down naked style Thunderbird) I bought it off a long time friend who built it into a museum quality piece. I sorted out some of the electrical stuff, upgraded to a Podtronics solid state regulator. Swapped in a 12V armature and field coil and learned an important lesson about electrical load on that stuff. Then recently upgraded the front end to a 2000 W650 front end and custom made fender supports, headlight supports, handle bars, rear sets and a much modified MAP belt primary and dry clutch.

My other bike was purchased before the Tri but is still not finished. 1959 HD Sportster purchased at a yard sale for $500.00. It came with a Smith Brothers frame and 14" over square girder with an 18" spool hub wheel. I mocked it all up and decided I didn't like it so offed the girder on Ebay for $475.00! I have since put in tons of hours fabricating cool little brackets and such, next up is to shorten the frame and de-rake it 18* or so and install a shortened 98 FLSTS front.

Steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Looks good Steve. You guys have a cycle salvage down there? we dont and I have an idea grafting some later model forks and brakes to the front of my CB. Just no place for parts up here!

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
ELpolacko said:
Bob's Cycle Salvage in Phoenix, HUGE yard. I will get you some contact info if you want it.
Yeah Steve, that would be good. I am leaning towards something a little different on this bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts