Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
163 Posts
BMW's and the Duckman absolutely rule.......

How many 60 year old motorcyles can you take unmodified and realistically make viable daily transport out of that will cover as many miles as you care to in a given day..... I can't really think of any other than the overengineered bimmers

I have a collection of pre-toaster bimmer projects and parts in central South Carolina........ about two semi loads........ I'd sure like somebody closer to there to own

r69's, r50s's, r51's, singles, others, one of those scarce ones with the oil fill in the rocker cover.... and even dug out a rennsport OHC engine..... but it's gone now...... now that would have made one heck of a custom bike engine and would have really pissed some uptight overwound kraut purists... right off and over the deep end

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I had a picture of "Norton Norm's" BMW sidehack. He was an old guy up in seattle who rode this beemer as a daily thing. It had a huge slab sided tank (I heard it was 7-9 gallons) , rear sets, clubman bars and a bullet sidecar. Black with white striping.

He was part of the VME up there and worked as a machinist. That rig of his sat flat on the ground and was badass. I hope I can be that cool when I'm 70.

·
Registered
361 Posts
HackAsaw said:
BMW's and the Duckman absolutely rule.......

How many 60 year old motorcyles can you take unmodified and realistically make viable daily transport out of that will cover as many miles as you care to in a given day..... I can't really think of any other than the overengineered bimmers

I have a collection of pre-toaster bimmer projects and parts in central South Carolina........ about two semi loads........ I'd sure like somebody closer to there to own

r69's, r50s's, r51's, singles, others, one of those scarce ones with the oil fill in the rocker cover.... and even dug out a rennsport OHC engine..... but it's gone now...... now that would have made one heck of a custom bike engine and would have really pissed some uptight overwound kraut purists... right off and over the deep end
how much do you want for a r60 rolling chassis? just curious. Gregg

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
i'm in LOVE with those bar end levers. damn those are cool!

Conder said:
...that Mark Vanderkwaak is building. Too cool. I don't know what it is with red wheels and whitewalls, but it's working on this thing. Even the giant headlight is great and I hate those too! Go man go...

http://www.markvanderkwaak.com/

·
Banned
163 Posts
I'm going down there this coming weekend..... it's looking like that anyhow

gonna pull a R50s and another piece out but the truth is...... I really just want somebody to buy or trade for it all because it's far more than I want to fool with and I already have way too many irons in the fire

and I'm far from a vintage BMW expert with no desire to become one

but I'll at least look into the possibility of doing something like that

what's a fine one go for these days?

greggski said:
how much do you want for a r60 rolling chassis? just curious. Gregg

·
Banned
163 Posts
Now if you see this one out and about and wanna break yourself off some.......

be sure you have something with some ass

this one has a full race boxer engine in it that will tach on up past 8 grand and hold it there till next thursday........ and smooth as silk like

it was built and owned by Todd Rasmussen in OK

another cool old bimmer guy

Attachments

·
Banned
163 Posts
Now somewhere I have pix of another cool bimmer guy's 180 tired /5

it's wicked and shows off some really fine work and engineering

And there is a rather famous gun and Ferrari guy about 20 miles from me that has a ton of Rennsport stuff

Gotta go see him soon because he said I could take his 440 Jensen out for a spin

72 year old guy that rides a 99 Busa....... has a new 1200?1300? Kaw...... and some really fast Bimmers

and he really does ride them like they were stolen

·
Registered
568 Posts
Conder said:
It's on the first page, after the great art with the hot chick.
I got it..!!

Nice work huh..!

Some people who fucking rule are always allowed to use red rims with whitewalls in my eyes...
A friend of us had 'em on his Harley way before the word rat rod was invented. Nowadays he's kinda ashamed of himself because he's running those wheels. I always tell him he shouldn't be and that he knows better than the rest. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
flatshoebox said:
whats DBBP mean?
Dutchman Bitchin' Biker Pages (correct me if I'm wrong)

Duckman, is also fine.
Looks like Knukkel fel out of his bed just a bit earlier...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bad Case said:
Dutchman Bitchin' Biker Pages (correct me if I'm wrong)

Duckman, is also fine.
Looks like Knukkel fel out of his bed just a bit earlier...
I guess it must have something to to with the man's last name...

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'm really gettin' the itch these days to get into different stuff. When I started building and painting bikes my friends and me were into everything. Beemers, 2-strokes, sportbikes, vintage ANYTHING...but choppers took over for me and my buddies all had jobs...

I think it would be great to apply the principals of a hardcore chop to an unrelated type of motorcycle, but when you make a harley into a stripped down freak show that's uncomfortable, hard to ride and dangerous as hell it's cool. Your backed up by nearly 100 years of "fuck you" tradition. I've always loved the streetfighter gig, but when you take a nice sportbike and chop it up, you'll never see your money again. I'll wait 'til I'm rich to do that one.

I really want to put together a Manx style bike powered by a BUILT, giant, mag fired single with 280-18 rear and 240-18 front wheels (Sorry Duckman, it may handle a bit weird). Huge Grimeca 4 shoe magnesium brakes, custom featherbed frame...As I get older, my freak is comin' up on the cam! I figure I'll start peakin' in another 20 years, then I'll get into those model T style dune buggies and Hummel miniatures.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's when ya need to find a bike that some squirrel stuffed into a bank ...

Like how your buddy is modeling every thing ... nice way to plan a scoot ...
You drawings are slick by the way ....

I've always loved the streetfighter gig, but when you take a nice sportbike and chop it up, you'll never see your money again. I'll wait 'til I'm rich to do that one.
[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts