Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have grand visions of someday running a custom Fatlucky's solo seat on my chop, but right now I'm just trying to get the thing together for cheap and nice paint and upholstry are waaay down the road if I ever get that far.
I picked up a cheap Ebay seat that I'll probably stick with for now, but I had an idea for a cheap solo seat and was wondering if anyone's done it yet.

If you search on Ebay for tractor seats, there are a ton of old seats for farm implements that are actually kinda cool looking.

Even if you don't run them 'as is', it seems that you could cut them up (chop the 'ears' off) to make a cool seat pan? Either upholstered, polished, or just painted or powdercoated, is anyone running one? Ever seen it done? I'm new here and very green in the world of bikes, but this just occurred to me and I thought I'd ask about it. It doesn't seem like a totally stupid idea, at least in my tiny little brain.

My exposure to bikes so far is here and the HAMB and I don't recall seeing anyone running a solo 'tractor' seat.

Ever see one? Is it a feasible idea?

Here are a few from Ebay...

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've seen a few bikes with modified tractor seats. Not many though. Your right would be good the use as a seat pan. Could put some foam on it and I have some breathable pleather to finish off with.

If you want I have an older Schwinn bicycle seat here. Could slap some springs on the bottom, a quick pivot on the front and BAM-O, solo seat.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Im running a tractor seat with the T bar on it. I ground down the pogo crap on the T bar and ground down some of the down tube that excepts the pogo as well. I put some Freeze plugs under the pan and it sits directly on the frame now. Its a bit of a rough ride but it looks cool and cradles my hairy ass fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts