Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Here's a BAD picture of one I had in the shop for a while. When it first got here it had the 22" (I think) extended springer on it. I guess it's the only "bike" I ever rode that tried to turn when you were going straight and tried to go straight when you turned.

OK, and now the picture.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Man I love those things......

Someone pointed out to me awhile ago that I had obviouslly watched too many laugh-in reruns as it has effected my day to day life.

I'm still not sure if they were insulting me.....

·
Registered
866 Posts
I hate trikes...that being said some of these pictures are starting to change my opinion, some of those are pretty cool. Rode enough three wheelers as a kid though to know I dont think I'd ever want to ride a trike, those who ride them because they think they are "safer" than two are mistaken, in my book...

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
A K or KR model top end can be fitted onto a WL bottom end without much ado, or so I'm told. This is supposed to be the hot ticket. You can't fit a unit engine into a WL or Servicar frame without some substantial surgery on the seat post. I'm guessing that a very clever person was able to make a K (XLH?) primary cover fit the WL bottom and and tranny. I'd love to see more photos.

Flyin' Dutchman said:
I spot this @ El Mirage a few years ago.... Rad!

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Irish Rich said:
That's a Servicar rear frame section grafted onto a K front section.

You can still see the seat area of the K frame (above the Servi frame tubes), and the "ears" where the fender struts and shocks for the K bolted on.
Good eye there,and yes they are far from safe,though the lower the better
they have that wierd gyro thing going on.Mine was really tight ( did'nt shake )
but would come unglued in corners and just hated being ridden in reverse

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Irish Rich said:
That's a Servicar rear frame section grafted onto a K front section.

You can still see the seat area of the K frame (above the Servi frame tubes), and the "ears" where the fender struts and shocks for the K bolted on.
I agree. Very good eye. The two front down tubes should have given it away. I never would have spotted the shock mounts on my own, though. One of the 10,000 reasons I don't do this for a living.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Personally, my favorite trike ever is the Semi based one they did on Monster Garage. Silly as the show is, that trike was kinda neat.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts