Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to swap out my Bendix/Zenith carb from my Ironhead....everybody I've talked to said for reliability use a Kehin CV....my question is what years are compatible and do I need to swap the manifold....whay should I expect to pay for a decent carb...Thanks

·
Registered
866 Posts
fwiw - I swapped my bendix for a S&S super B and after alot of trouble put the bendix back on, its working great now. In all fairness I do think the S&S had a vacuum leak around the throttle shaft...ebay seems to have a good selection of all different carbs, I usually watch there when trying to determine what average prices are (although ebay seems alittle higher than what you would probably pay normall)

·
Registered
141 Posts
CV is a good and reliable carb. Quiet cheap to get at Ebay. You should try to get one from the late Evo or early TwinCams. They aren´t that worn yet. As far as I know there are no bigger changes during the years on those carbs.
Prices on Ebay over here are around 60$-80$..don´t know how they are sold over there in the states.

There is a rubber-mount available for Mikuni HSR Carbs that fits to the Shovel Manifold and also takes the CV-Carb.

I know from a lot of people who´re using Delortho Carbs on their Ironheads. Maybe that´s another thing to think about. Had one on my BT Shovel before I changed it for a CV and just can say that Delortho is an easy to handle carb, too.

Greetings!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts