Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I have a TRW 500 engine on the way, and am wondering about getting a carb for it. I know generally with bikes that I have dealt with the carb is specific to the bike. Ain't alot of TRW 500 parts out there, so just wondering if there is any other carb that might work on the bike? Thanx!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Amal 626 jetted for a 750 trident works perfectly (that's what I use) You will need to make a manifold spacer to move the carb back far enough for the float bowl to clear the distributor. I have also mounted them on a 90 degree manifold and stuck them out the left side.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yep as Lumbee said, one carb. You can hunt the swapmeets, Ebay etc. Who knows, you might even be able to locate the original Solex. In any case the Amals work perfectly, and if you want a new one BCS is fairly reasonably priced and they also have a big warehouse in New Jersey, so no cross boarder customs crap.

Sorry for the quality of the photos, but these ought to give you some ideas....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good info guys. This thing is coming this week in two shipments. I think the tranny is coming USPS, and the motor UPS. Excited to get a look at it. Heres the ebay link...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230692662064?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Certainly did not get for a song, but was tired of Jap projects, so it will be a welcome change. Were the heads painted black from the factory? All the pics I have seen have them painted.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.