Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been fancying a proper chop for ages, ive had lots of custom bikes but never a real chopper

so this has been playing on my mind a while. eventually a donor bike came up for cheap with papers so this is coming together for little money mainly with parts i had laying about the place

donor bike a couple of weeks ago

as of last weekend at my mates shop [boneshaker choppers] hes doing the dry build for me so i can concentrate on whats going on with my other builds at home in the garage

ron finch front end - wheel is mock up only from another bike - this is getting a 21" spoke wheel with a small drum.

plunger rear custom fab back end by reg

front street cycle back mudguard

sporty tank with 2.5" out of it

photochop where its headed - should be a fun hackabout

·
Registered
697 Posts
When you get it back from Benny's I'll be over to drink your cider and make acutely witty observations as you build it.
Hey, it's what friends are for...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heartwarming to see such sacrifices being made.

Twin drag bike still happening?
yep - all on still - this is just a get it on the road quick job, thats the main reason benny is doing my dry build and not me - so it doesnt take too much of my limited time in the garage

when julian comes to drink my cider he will also be putting together my electric start system on the twin for me so my head doesnt hurt - wont you julian :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
when julian comes to drink my cider he will also be putting together my electric start system on the twin for me so my head doesnt hurt - wont you julian :)
Hmmm... twin Panther engines mated to an H-D transmission, how hard can it possibly be?
Not a problem to be tackled sober, methinks... :D

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
collected it on saturday afternoon rolling

by sunday evening had stripped it, painted it and re-assembled loosely the big bits

not too bad for a days hard graft eh...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yeah, that thing is just nuts! Not really feeling the cream paint though, more of an old-timey feel to it. I think it's begging for something wild, but that's just my opinion. Are you going with the original leopard print plan? I'm interested in seeing what kind of seat you're going with too.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
can't get leopard print vinyl that's up to a seat so it's going to be black

this is a dry built that i just rattle canned so I can decide if I like the colour as I shake it down this winter. Im thinking I like it so far. I'm not into wild paint really. I'm hopping the bike look pretty wild without going ott with paint

glass pan layed up and trimmed just needs a couple of mountings glassing into it then off to cover. all the way up the sissy bar it is :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
That is crazy.I really like the shape of the engine even though I have no idea what it is.I am not very knowledgable in across the pond bikes.I will deffinately watch the bike evolve.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I have only ever seen one other Panther chopper and that was in Daytona about 10 years ago.

Yours is definitely going to be a really cool chopper. Sweet !! :cool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.