Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone???? This is bothering me & I can't find an answer!!!

scrapmetalart said:
Does it matter if you use a wheel with a 2" hub flange & a rotor with a 2.25" center hole? Does the flange take some of the force off the bolts? Will there be too much load on the bolts?

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Don't do it. There is a company on ebay that sells spacers for doing what you want to do, if I can remember the seller name I will let you know.

scrapmetalart said:
Does it matter if you use a wheel with a 2" hub flange & a rotor with a 2.25" center hole? Does the flange take some of the force off the bolts? Will there be too much load on the bolts?

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Nutz. I don't think it is a good idea either. I just want someone to give me a good technical explination.

Thanks...

Tha Nutz said:
Don't do it. There is a company on ebay that sells spacers for doing what you want to do, if I can remember the seller name I will let you know.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I can't give you a technical answer, i.e., the number of foot pounds it would take to snap a grade 8 bolt, but if it sounds stupid and feels stupid, it probably is stupid. Why take a risk when the fix is so simple?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Nutz. I will not take the risk. I am just looking for someone a lot smarter than me to explain it to me. Thanks for your input.

Tha Nutz said:
I can't give you a technical answer, i.e., the number of foot pounds it would take to snap a grade 8 bolt, but if it sounds stupid and feels stupid, it probably is stupid. Why take a risk when the fix is so simple?

·
Registered
7,257 Posts

well I guess I dont understand either ..

what about the large-center discs that didnt even have a 'flange' ..

seems that 5 countersunk bolts both center and secure the disc, on all applications ??

here's only pic I found on a quick look, photo cred to Englishman, of his Shovel; wheel & brake is mid-70's narrowglide stock bits ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Dragon, You think the size of the bolt spread has anything to do with it? Less load on the wheel in the pic because the spread is larger? I'm just thinkin out loud....

Dragon said:

well I guess I dont understand either ..

what about the large-center discs that didnt even have a 'flange' ..

seems that 5 countersunk bolts both center and secure the disc, on all applications ??

here's only pic I found on a quick look, photo cred to Englishman, of his Shovel; wheel & brake is mid-70's narrowglide stock bits ..

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I've never seen a rotor that was a press fit on the hub. If you leave the bolts out you can spin the rotor on hub on all of the bikes I can remember. So it doesn't look like torque has much to do with it, just indexing the rotor. If you're using the countersunk bolts, they center the rotor up. I don't think it's critical (unless the rotor is off center). And, yeah, I've run them this way with no trouble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.