Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched all over! I also thought i saw something on here already about this..
Can i run a front brake on the right side only? what is the pro's if any or cons?
Thanks​

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
The factory H-D Springer Softails (FXSTS) have the disc on the right hand side.. they just flipped the front wheel from the Softail Custom and made a new caliper bracket to work with the springer front end..

Resulting in about a 1" offset from the front wheel..

(What I mean is that the front wheel does not sit in the middle of the factory Springer.. cheap asses..)

But that was not the point here..:eek:

·
Registered
223 Posts
The factory H-D Springer Softails (FXSTS) have the disc on the right hand side.. they just flipped the front wheel from the Softail Custom and made a new caliper bracket to work with the springer front end..

Resulting in about a 1" offset from the front wheel..

(What I mean is that the front wheel does not sit in the middle of the factory Springer.. cheap asses..)

But that was not the point here..:eek:
However-an extremely valid point.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Nice one Doc, ,, beat me to it!!! Obviously never seen a flatside shovel. But that was a drum, & they speed you up.LOL! !!

·
Registered
935 Posts
and we thought it was the soccer mom turning left in front of bikers when all along it would appear the right brake only dudes are like lemmings off the cliff.clear evidence of the dangers of front brakes making the spool hub worthy of the name safety hub

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.