Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got this bike a few weeks ago,
has a 60xlch motor in it

just trying to find out possibly what year this frame is and if its worth anything

I want to build a rigid frame sporty and if this is an early frame that matches this motor I might just hang on to it and stash it for later on
thanks for any help

these are from under the seat casting

this is what the bike looked like when I picked it up

·
Registered
431 Posts
It's an early XLCH frame, but someone did you a favor and cut the seat mount off it and lost the date code in the process. If it is the original frame, you'll never know now. As cut as it is, I wouldn't feel too bad about hardtailing it. Once you lose the date code it'll never be match-able again. It's a shame, 'cause it don't look too hacked up otherwise.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
There should be a stamped number by the top motor mount and maybe where the seat mount used to be, will be some thing like A4 and so forth, it is the right frame for the year, modifide and not stock any more so it is up to you if ya want to hardtail it.......Roach.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not gonna keep it looking like this
gonna do something a little different
probably gonna do an inverted jap front end
and make a really low skinny bike out of it
just something fun to blast around on

thanks for all the replies regarding the frame

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ohh maybe I was wish I would have known that
I just got the one that was on egay for the early ironhead that mas the matching rib to my cam cover

·
Registered
427 Posts
whether its the actual frame from factory that was with that motor, or not doesnt matter. to my knowledge sportsters pre 70 didnt have title numbers on the frame, titled by the motor numbers, and your frame certainly looks like a 60 frame would.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts