Jockey Journal Forum banner

Can it be too hot to paint?

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  shitbird 
#1 ·
Yesterday it was a hunerdanfukinthirteen (yes that is a number) here in Phx. In the afternoon I was doing a rattlecan project for my wife. I was spraying some duplicolor orange gold metallic. (thats probably the problem) Anyway you could see the gold just turn to dust in the air, and except for a couple parts I was left with plain orange. HMMMMM? Comments? Other than the fact that I was doing anything outside when it was a hunerdanfuckinthirteen!!!

:eek: Bones

#5 ·
It's too hot for a rattlecan. You can buy reducer for most temperature ranges but 113 is pretty friggin hot. It got to a humid 103 here in Fargo ND/Moorhead MN. Try ramming up some sand and pouring metal in that weather. Maybe I'll just wet myself down and lay naked in the shade and watch the girls walk by....

#7 ·
Creepinogie said:
It's too hot for a rattlecan. You can buy reducer for most temperature ranges but 113 is pretty friggin hot. It got to a humid 103 here in Fargo ND/Moorhead MN. Try ramming up some sand and pouring metal in that weather. Maybe I'll just wet myself down and lay naked in the shade and watch the girls walk by....
If you lay in the sun the girls can use you for a sundial....:eek:

#8 ·
Dude, I used to LOVE it when it got hot PHX. Don't know why, because I'm northeast boy, but I had no problem with the heat. Had a pair of vans melt their sole because I was skating in 110 and asphalt got so hot.

In answer to your question, damn fucking right its too hot to paint. Especially when you consider the temperature the compressed paint in a can is coming out at. That temperature change destabilizes any reducer or suspension material. If you do get any paint on, its probably gonna wipe right off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.