Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a friend machine some risers out of solid brass and I think they're too heavy. I don't know if having that much weight up high can have a negative effect on handling, but it would seem to be a bad thing.

I don't know how thin of on OD you can get away with on solid brass risers and retain the strength you need. Right now these are 7.5 from base to center I.D. of the clamps. If I had to guess the golden schlongs are close to 5 lbs each. On paper it looked legit and I like the overall design for the most part but I want to turn them down some more and shorten them to 6" to cut the weight and maybe make them a little less phallic, they give me penis envy right now. I want to trim the sides so they're not so penis head looking, but it might not help.

I can't imbed photos from flickr but here's a link if you want to check them out. You don't need to sign up or sign in to view the link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vonevilstudios/5543954559/

·
Registered
309 Posts
Will be no different from any other risers.... Its not even something worth worrying about Unless you are building a minimal stripped down to the ounce race bike ( unlikely).

They look super cool though.

I'd be more concered about those wonky Z bars

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dunno if its worth worrying about, but I had solid brass risers way back when, and the threads would continually pull out of them. Had loose risers after near every ride.

Cosmo

·
Registered
344 Posts
The weight wont make hardly any difference, not on your bike. If you had a factory light weight racer, then yes.

Also, those things look ribbed for her pleasure for sure, I see what you mean.

Cheers

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dunno if its worth worrying about, but I had solid brass risers way back when, and the threads would continually pull out of them. Had loose risers after near every ride.

Cosmo
+1

would be more concerned with the soft brass than the heavy.

would use some thread lock like blue loctite.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gsand, thanks. Those Z bars are for mock up only, they were on my step dads shovel when he wrecked back in the day. I'm going to build a straight pair to those specs, they're nice and narrow.
Cosmo, that's a good point, I didn't consider that. I'll keep my eye on that when I run them. It's a high grade of brass, almost bronze. Hopefully it'll hold the threads.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Velomech, maybe it will send subliminal messages to the ladies :) It's no worse then arlen ness's pocket rocket line though. I'm thinking about taking a slice of the sides to break up the profile and then drilling some lightening holes just to make it look cool.

F8tl, blue loctite sounds like good insurance.

·
Registered
344 Posts
That would look a lot cooler to me...but dont disappoint the ladies bro!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Dude, we have been discussing that this whole thread....

·
Registered
344 Posts
They look good. I dont really like many risers bigger than 6" but these work.

Maybe add some anal bead linkage and a butt plug jockey shift and send a pic into Hustler. :p:rolleyes: Sorry couldnt resist , I like em.
HAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! milk came out of nose!

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
Can heavy risers effect handling adversely?
Not as much as a fat girl on the back! Keep the risers, forget the passenger seat!
Robbie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.