Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this wheel today with an old triumph chopper frame. It's an aluminium 19 inch,with dual discs. no markings anywhere that I can see.Guy says it was on the sportster front end that came with the frame. I set it next to a pair of borranis the guy had sitting there,and it is very similar,but does NOT say borrani like his did. If it matters,there is a red and black pinstripe on it..Haha. pics aren't the best,sorry.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
No pictures showing up, but from what I understand the Borranis that came on the Sportys didn't actually say Borrani on them.

·
Registered
837 Posts
how many spoke holes?

and i'm pretty sure sportster borranis don't have "borrani" anywhere on them. i have two that are for sure borrani, and neither say it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm having trouble with the pics. They will be up in soon,sorry! 40 spokes,BTW

·
Registered
32 Posts
it most likely has a 3/4 inch axle and came off a shovelhead lowrider narrow glide dual disc front end or a sportster narrow glide dual disc front end has front wheel speedometer drive

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thanks guys. More than likely ill either just trade it off,or have the rim laced to a triumph hub I have. Glad to know what it is.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Yes, Harley rim. They are marked on the inside. They aren't marked as "Borrani", but they are stamped "made in Italy". The 18" ones that I have had black and blue "pinstripes" on them. The stripes on yours look black and red in the picture. For alloy rims they are stout as hell. I'm running one on the front of my pan. Those rims get bad-mouthed a bit because they have a slightly different configuration at the bead seat, designed for a tire that to the best of my knowledge isn't produced any longer, but I've run them in the past with out any problems at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts