Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm saying my hellos. I hail from over at the HAMB and to be honest I didn't even know this board was going on. I have a metal fabrication shop in the DFW area. So far the shop has pretty much only seen rods and restorations, but I did do a comma style tank for a HD not to long ago for a customer. I love making bike metal because of the size of parts lends itself to good practice. My heart is leaned toward the triumph side of things as I like the low slung and simplistic look these chops have. To be honest I have no bikes now and never have. I am planning to build soon, but as with most people in life, I'm completly broke:( . Anyways, I'm here to learn and I'm sorry if I don't have much to add in the way of building bikes right now. I'm sure I'll ask plenty of questions as soon as I can find a good project to grab.

Tyler aka Apache

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
satanherself said:
i thought that was boneswa ? anyway, welcome to the dogpile. as for getting a bike with no bucks i've always used the parlay method. get whatever you can for cheap (and i mean whatever) and fix it up using sweat and inginuity. sell it and do it again with a better bike. sell it and keep doing this and within about 6 bikes you will have what you want without breaking your bank. i just parlayed a $200 pickup truck and a $800 Yamaha into a 77 FLH Harley.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hey welcome! Where is your shop? I'll have to stop by and say hi.

Apache said:
I'm saying my hellos. I hail from over at the HAMB and to be honest I didn't even know this board was going on. I have a metal fabrication shop in the DFW area. So far the shop has pretty much only seen rods and restorations, but I did do a comma style tank for a HD not to long ago for a customer. I love making bike metal because of the size of parts lends itself to good practice. My heart is leaned toward the triumph side of things as I like the low slung and simplistic look these chops have. To be honest I have no bikes now and never have. I am planning to build soon, but as with most people in life, I'm completly broke:( . Anyways, I'm here to learn and I'm sorry if I don't have much to add in the way of building bikes right now. I'm sure I'll ask plenty of questions as soon as I can find a good project to grab.

Tyler aka Apache

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks for the love guys! My shop is located in downtown Wyile. MY website is http://www.northtxcustoms.com please feel free to stop by anytime. I will do whatever it takes to get enough side cash for a bike and I learned long ago that you must have patience to live a happy life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts