Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Okay guys - could this be the first relay call. Has there been one yet? Here's the deal - an old friend of mine currently has 76 Yamaha R5 in my barn. I was helping/teaching him to restore it, but he had an oppurtunity last year to move to Austin and did so. I've been storing it since, till we figured out a game plan. He's been having a hard settling in and just got on working for Apple fulltime, and photographer on the side. So money's a somewhat issue, plus he has no way to pick it up if it came in forward air (as he has no pick up, and doesn't know that many around Austin). So I'm putting a call out, can anybody help me get his bike to him? Any ideas? He's got a real sentimental attachment to this bike, and I can dig it, which is why I want to try and get it to him. And he's a stand up guy. Talk to me guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Give it another go around.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
I will help transport it a few miles if you want it to come through VA. let me know how I can help; DC to ??? or I can grab it from you, bring it down my way and relay it to the next victim. put me down for a couple hundred miles. let me know.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Will keep updated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm in Cincinnati and have an empty truck bed to Louisville on May 28th. We're prolly also attending the HAMB Drags at Mokan dragstrip in MO in August and can haul it that far then. I also have pretty much indefinite storage for it if someone can get it this far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts