Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Ohiocaferacer (whats up UTMC brutha?! haha) is on here.

Anyone else into cafes? :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm building a 71 R75/5 Beemer into a Cafe style. still working on the rear sets. Rebuilt the motor and tranny and resprayed the tins last winter. I also run a tx 650 with reasets ,clubmans, and cocktail shaker exhaust. Fun bikes ,Hopefully the Beemer will end up looking a little like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
greggski said:
I'm building a 71 R75/5 Beemer into a Cafe style. still working on the rear sets. Rebuilt the motor and tranny and resprayed the tins last winter. I also run a tx 650 with reasets ,clubmans, and cocktail shaker exhaust. Fun bikes ,Hopefully the Beemer will end up looking a little like this.
GIVE ME A DROOL RAG! haha

I looooooove Beemer cafes.

What rearsets are you running? I've got a set from a Honda VFR that are going on my green cafe, and I'm gonna pick up a set of adjustable moderns for my big bore I'm building.

·
Registered
361 Posts
mpls|cafe|racer said:
GIVE ME A DROOL RAG! haha

I looooooove Beemer cafes.

What rearsets are you running? I've got a set from a Honda VFR that are going on my green cafe, and I'm gonna pick up a set of adjustable moderns for my big bore I'm building.
I'm modifing a pair of Raask Rearsets that i got from Omars racing a few years ago. I would like to get a set of modern adjustable rearset so i would be able to adjust them to my leg lenght. (35in. inseam) The set of Raask that i have on my Yamaha tuck my legs up just a little to highso i have to make a new mounting plate for them. Post some more pics of your project when you get a chance. Gregg

·
Registered
174 Posts
tbone16 said:
CBR wheels and fork? performance to cost ration cant get better than parts like that.
Suzuki RGV 250 complete front end (trees,forks,clocks,wheels brakes etc), RGV rear wheel and brakes. The swinging arm came in a box of bits. All the Jap stuff came off a complete bike that I bought and then stripped and sold for spares, which meant the bits I kept cost me nothing!! Ha ha.
Nutrocker grafted the front and rear ends into an original Norton wideline frame for me. Talented guy.
Always turns heads.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I must say that you have taken the same exact concept I am working with. Dominantly vintage parts, vintage style, modern FUNCTIONAL upgrades!

A+!

Greg, I'll post a few pics as it sits right now.

This is one of the framework and rear suspension/swingarm mounted.

Removed and ground out the center stand brackets.

Tabs that I welded up on the frameset (and crossbar) for rear shock.

784cc Big Bore Kit

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Subframe (imitating Norton Commando style)

Clutch cover with hole (Need high temp polycarbonate still)

I'll see if I can find more that may be of interest. And of course, I'll update as I go....

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nardi1 said:
I'm doing a 66 Norton Atlas cafe racer. Slimline frame, all polished alum tins. Red frame, clubman racing rearsets, tommaselli clipons, lydedrive belt drive, twin Mikunis.
PICS PLEASE! :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
mpls|cafe|racer said:
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I must say that you have taken the same exact concept I am working with. Dominantly vintage parts, vintage style, modern FUNCTIONAL upgrades!

Cheers. I did think of doing the monoshock thing, but decided against it. Mainly because I needed to run the oil tank and then realised that I wanted to keep the traditional twin shock look.
I'll be very interested to see your progress pics. Nice job on the big bore kit, proper cafe racer!!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
nifty said:
Suzuki RGV 250 complete front end (trees,forks,clocks,wheels brakes etc), RGV rear wheel and brakes. The swinging arm came in a box of bits. All the Jap stuff came off a complete bike that I bought and then stripped and sold for spares, which meant the bits I kept cost me nothing!! Ha ha.
Nutrocker grafted the front and rear ends into an original Norton wideline frame for me. Talented guy.
Always turns heads.
simply wicked indeed

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
mpls|cafe|racer said:
Do post a pic. The T's were very cool bikes!
well, the picts are pretty much gonna be of a semi clean 1969 factory fresh, I have the bars coming in off of ebay, I have the retro fairing and seat pans in the works from a guy in akron, and the pipes are jemco, basically a lot of putting together, some painting and am still looking for a rear set for it. It runs pretty nice and am excited about it, its gonna look like it rolled off the track in 69 when I'm done, even gonna number it, you guessed it, #69:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts