Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Its kinda funny that Rikki hasn't come around here yet. He would definitely fit in around here. Kool cat to talk bikes with, knows his stuff.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...and here I thought the cafe thing had died out around here. Good to see there's still interest!

·
Registered
798 Posts
well this puts the "hey the bobber is the new.." or the "tracker is the new.." into another perspective. "The cafe bike is the new chopper?" . I've always like cafe bikes but some guys just don't look right on them, some people like the styling but you know when your uncomfortable on your bike but it has the look., just rambling. I guess cause I'd look rather big on a tiny Cafe bike. Looks like another docu-drama where the somebody cries over how special their bike is, which sometimes is a good thing. I hate that whole "live the culture man!, he bought his" or when people start nay saying "o this is metal, plastic is no good".

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Abe_Lugo said:
Looks like another docu-drama where the somebody cries over how special their bike is, which sometimes is a good thing. I hate that whole "live the culture man!, he bought his" or when people start nay saying "o this is metal, plastic is no good".
I can see your point - seems like every group likes to put the other groups down. I can see it their way, too - the crotch rocket crowd usually just walks into the local bike store, signs some paperwork and gets a new GSXR on credit. Next thing you know he or she thinks they're hot shit on a hot bike. I'd rather see people building things, no matter what the style - I think that was the point of the plastic statement. As far as living the lifestyle - give it a rest, be yourself and do your own thing, who cares if you fit into a "lifestyle."

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
119 Posts
KnuckleBuster said:
I'd rather see people building things, no matter what the style - I think that was the point of the plastic statement. As far as living the lifestyle - give it a rest, be yourself and do your own thing, who cares if you fit into a "lifestyle."
I hear ya. Hell, if you saw me in the office you would think there is no way in hell I would be on a cafe racer, but I'm gonna cut my teeth on one for my first project. When it gets done (and that will be awhile) I won't give a shit if it looks like it fits my style, I will have made it and thats what matters regardless of "lifestyle"...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts