Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Got talking to the mechanic at work about bikes and he showed me a couple of pics of his old 500 Triumph cafe racer. Apparently it was built by a guy named Hobbs on the south coast of the UK, and was a well tuned 500 twin with high comp pistons, fancy cam and 4 plug head. Pic was taken around '71, but he thinks the bike was built late 60's. No idea where it is now!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sometimes late at night, when all is quiet, and the world is still, I can hear the soft voice of my featherbed trying to plant the wor "Vincent" in my head. But then my wallet slaps me back to reality. If I can get my hands on a Vincent engine somehow, the Beezer would be shit canned post-haste. Norvins are just absolutely beautiful.

If I had the cash via good fortune, the first two bikes I would probably get is that Norvin and the Paul Smart Ducati, just for daily drivers, and then continue to collect the old iron.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Isn't that a BSA frame? I've long wanted to put something weird in a BSA frame, like a Sportster or XS650 engine. I placed my unit T100 engine in one for kicks, but the BSA frame was just too big for that tiny engine. I put an XLCH engine in a slimline featherbed before I had the skills and correct tools to do it right. I want another chance to make a hybrid that there is no logical reason to make.

Jovial Prankster said:
Got talking to the mechanic at work about bikes and he showed me a couple of pics of his old 500 Triumph cafe racer. Apparently it was built by a guy named Hobbs on the south coast of the UK, and was a well tuned 500 twin with high comp pistons, fancy cam and 4 plug head. Pic was taken around '71, but he thinks the bike was built late 60's. No idea where it is now!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sporticus said:
I want another chance to make a hybrid that there is no logical reason to make.
I was thinking about putting my spare AJS twin engine in a featherbed just for something different. They were under-rated engines in their day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.