Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Things are a little different in the state of Nevada, but I didn't have to do any of those things. You better hurray your ass up if you plan on getting it titled too though! That will take a bit of time. International Title Service can take care of you, but You're still going to be two weeks into a wait period for the paperwork to come back if you mail it out tomorrow... You proably only need a VIN inspection to get the title and maybe you can get it registered after... Do a search for titling on here. Some helpful things have been talked about. Maybe one of the thread will help you out.

Good luck and be sure and post an update!
alteredpilot said:
in order for a bike to pass inspection, what state of completion must it be in??
i mean, does it have to be road ready, or can it be 'intact'? like do you have to start it and run all the lights and brakes and all that good stuff??
just trying to beat the dec 31 deadline if i can just slap the bare essentials together and get it passes and registered non-op...

any input would be greatly appreciated...

thanks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Re: disregard

for some reason I got to skip the actual DMV inspection. I did the CHP inspection first.
The CHP just wanted to see my MSO for frame and engine and I had one for the tranny. they went out to the parking lot checked out the numbers, signed off, I drove home.
go to the DMV, see take your filled out paperwork as best you can atleast.
if its an all new bike have all reciepts.
I think the DMV checks for brake light, head light(high beam/lo beam).
They let the CHP check the numbers.
Also note if you have matching frame/engine numbers, for example a basketcase you bought or old bike. I think you still may need a CHP inspection.
Make sure to have a bill of sale, and "statement of facts" form filled out.
Oh yeah if you call the CHP for an appointment the have a guy the is usually the vehicle verifier, it seem to me that you can almost roll up to a CHP office to get it done.
Though the do want you to make an appointment, but a lot of people cancel.
Most CHPs are backed up with appointment, so if you haven't made one I'm sure you won't get one till next year.

Please inform me about why by the end of the year?, I think i missed that post

·
Registered
1,256 Posts

Please inform me about why by the end of the year?[/QUOTE]

i think hees trying to have it done before
the impending doom of the new epa one special construction per life time thing starting in january

·
Registered
798 Posts

oh, that old thing? why doesn't everyone just register it in their girlfriends or wifes name, then pay for just transfering the ownership?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
went to the dmv website to get all the necessary info..
but just for giggles...
according to the chp guy, all i need to get a title of ownership are the roller engine and trans and appropriate paperwork.

he gave me the ol' "good luck" on an appointment, but i'm hopeful.

if i recall correctly, there's a 5 year block on the transfer of title deal...maybe i just imagined it...some one help me out here...

·
Registered
798 Posts
thanks alteredpilot, but niether of those link are directly from my CA DMV?? I think there will be loop holes to be found anyhow.
Abe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts