Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a pan to build with my pops, got burned by numbers on an ironhead so I'm being very cautious this time around. This is the picture the seller sent me I know it's small but does it look legit?

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've got a 52 also.......#'s look the same,that straight back six stands out,title and good #'s....buy,buy,buy,...well,I guess it depends on how much,
good luck.....
GBM

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with 58FL6666. It's a legit number, the stamps are the correct size/shape for a 58 model. The number boss doesn't look like it's been fussed with. Somebody had to get that number. By the way 58FL1234 is a legit number too.

-Craig

·
Administrator
7,823 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with 58FL6666. It's a legit number, the stamps are the correct size/shape for a 58 model. The number boss doesn't look like it's been fussed with. Somebody had to get that number. By the way 58FL1234 is a legit number too.-Craig
That number looks alright.

i read somewhere that a fire in the factory in the late 50's lead to some numbers being stamped by hand , resulting in the uneven appearence.
Numbers were stamped by hand long before the 50's, it had nothing to do with a fire at the factory.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.