Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Hard tail all welded up this morning and upon mounting the wheel I discovered I had to take the spacer out of the right side in order to line sprocket up. Everything lines up and it's even driveable but it looks funky as hell!
I measured the inside of the stock swingarm and compared it to the inside dimension of the hardtail and they are the same. The wheel never looked off center while it was mounted to the swing arm??? What's goin' on here...
It's a stock '72 frame with a stock rear wheal. Has a drum brake, Oh and the rod lines up with the brake just fine.

Any ideas, help, or good monkey jokes will be appreciated.

·
Registered
421 Posts
When you say 'off', how far off are we talking about in fractions of an inch?

Is your rim laced to be offset one way or the other? If it's straight laced (pardon the pun) then you may have to have her tweaked a bit.

Oh, and what kind of bike are we talking about?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
BigDdy31 said:
When you say 'off', how far off are we talking about in fractions of an inch?

Is your rim laced to be offset one way or the other? If it's straight laced (pardon the pun) then you may have to have her tweaked a bit.

Oh, and what kind of bike are we talking about?
What he said.......

So, this monkey walks into a bar with a poodle under one arm and a 2 pound salami under the other.
The bartender says, "So I son't suppose you'll be needing a drink"
The monkey says...........

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a '72 xl and I beeive the laces are straight. At least they appear to be centered in the wheel!

And could ya finish the joke....

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
This is a TOTAL stab in the dark but has the axle slid in the hub at all?

Did either arm of the rear section tweak when you tightened the wheel?
Just a thought.

Oh!...as far as the joke goes...I wish I could finish it.
Its been 20 fuckin years since I heard that joke in The Breakfast Club and NOBODY can tell me what the punch line is!
I of course substituted "naked woman" with "monkey"....something you should never do.
Ever.
Anywhere.
Trust me.....big trouble.

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts