Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Dr. Jett said:
No not that bung.

I need a 3/8 NPT weld-on fuel tank bung mild steel. Anyone know who sells them? I checked Fabkevins site, he doesn't list them.

Thanks.
I get mine from Ace Hardware.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, we all must have our favorite industrial hardware "bolt house", the one here in town has damn near everything except NPT bungs. I hate to make them becuase I always either tap them too deep or not enough, I hate pipe thread. Thanks for thinking Paughco Tony, you are right, half my bike is from them and they do ship REAL fast, will call em' A.M..

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Paughco has them and they're nicer than the ones from McMaster. The McMaster ones are huge. The Paughco's are just the right size but don't get them too hot when you're welding it in or the thread gets all screwy... unless you feel like chasing it with a tap. They can get it to you fast and it's only $2.95 or something. If only I had a lathe and a nice tap and die set!!

AWESOME bike BTW!! Keep us posted on the progress!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
scootermcrad said:
Paughco has them and they're nicer than the ones from McMaster. The McMaster ones are huge. The Paughco's are just the right size but don't get them too hot when you're welding it in or the thread gets all screwy... unless you feel like chasing it with a tap. They can get it to you fast and it's only $2.95 or something. If only I had a lathe and a nice tap and die set!!

AWESOME bike BTW!! Keep us posted on the progress!!
Thanks Scooter, called them already this morning, it's a done deal.
We should do a Spring Mountain Bar run when my Jose Cuervo fueled sled is done, I'm in Henderson.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
NO SHIT!? You're in Henderson! Goddamit! How come I didn't know that??!! Do you you have a brit bike also? A little cruise-in meet up somewhere would be good! Are you going to the auction tomorrow?
Dr. Jett said:
Thanks Scooter, called them already this morning, it's a done deal.
We should do a Spring Mountain Bar run when my Jose Cuervo fueled sled is done, I'm in Henderson.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.