Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Grease Monkey said:
Ive tried 1157's and LED's in my brake light but after a few days the fuckin pins fall out of the bulb. Any tips to keep bulbs from taking a shit so fast?
How old is your set-up? if it's up to date, try some rite stuff to seal everything up. where is your light mounted? fender or frame or who knows. also check your wiring. get ahold of a volt meter and make sure you don't have a ground draw or loose wire burnin yur bulbs. just a couple ideas for ya.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Natas Kaupas said:
Why dont you change it to an LED??

I used to change bulbs every month....got sick of it and changed my tail light to an cats eye LED...

Hasn't let me down yet!
Thanks, but I mentioned I tried that. Same thing. Just looking for Ideas I guess to help isolate the vibration. I will still double check the wiring though...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
GM, what LEDs have you tried? If it's the ones built onto the 1157 socket toss 'em. There's an outfit called Radiantz that sells a nice selection of LED arries. Hard wire into your brake light. Alot better set up, kinda pricey though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fredo said:
GM, what LEDs have you tried? If it's the ones built onto the 1157 socket toss 'em. There's an outfit called Radiantz that sells a nice selection of LED arries. Hard wire into your brake light. Alot better set up, kinda pricey though.
Exactly. I dig your advise though, I dont want to be messin with this stuff every week...I just got two roommates who completely cover my rent. Now I have more play money. I think Ill try that, thanks:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts